MMR, can we talk about your forged rotating assembly??

SicShelby09

Banned
I am looking at taking my motors destiny into my own hands and swapping out my stock, and still fresh, factory internals.

Can I lower the compression a tad with one of your setups, or should I not seeing as how the new stuff is forged? Also, I would be thinking about adding boost in the next year, so should I still run that stock compression or lower it now and take the power hit until the boost shows up?

Do you offer core refunds for stock parts other than blocks like my 1600 mile internals.

If I swap to your forged kit, and keep the stock compression, would this be a complete swap out without needing to be tuned or any type of messaging and metal parts.

Lastly, since the factory crank is forged already, will it be ok running with the new rods and pistons if I decide not to get a crank from you?

Thanks in advance, and Im sure that many others would like to see your anwsers to these and other questions. Hence the public inquisition vs. PMing you.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
i don't think that it will be a good idea to lower the compression especially if you don't even have boost. Even after you get some sort of force induction you can still run 11.1 compression ratio and make a lot of power and it will help with centrifugal blowers and turbo. And if you want to make even more power over 750whp on the 11.1 compression you can by switching fuels to e85. I think that you should first figure out what power adder you want. The only way that I would lower the compression of this motor for boost is if I was 100% sure that i will install a PD blower.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Firstly yes, we can lower the compression and offer 2 ratios that we keep in stock, 11.5 and 9.0.

We do not offer core refunds, this is mainly because we sell only new parts, the classifieds however may be a great place to sell them.

The kits are complete and do not require anything else other than balancing and assembly, you can have us balance the assembly prior to shipping also if you like.

Lastly, yes, we can subtract the crank if you want to use your stock one.

Let us know how we can help!

vegasgt500.jpg

SicShelby09

Banned
Firstly yes, we can lower the compression and offer 2 ratios that we keep in stock, 11.5 and 9.0.

We do not offer core refunds, this is mainly because we sell only new parts, the classifieds however may be a great place to sell them.

The kits are complete and do not require anything else other than balancing and assembly, you can have us balance the assembly prior to shipping also if you like.

Lastly, yes, we can subtract the crank if you want to use your stock one.

Let us know how we can help!

vegasgt500.jpg

Awesome. I want to run the procharger kit, so I guess I will keep the stock compression. And from the looks of it, you can get the rotating assembly minus the crank for like $999? Wow, that takes some of the stress off of the people that do blow the #8. This would be a fairly decent price to pay to get forged pistions and rods out of the deal and move on with piece of mind. Thanks for the reply. Anyone else have questions here maybe I forgot?

SicShelby09

Banned
1699(sale price of kit)-499(price of crank)=1200....not 999.

2011 Parts

2011 5.0 Manley Forged Pistons and 4340 Forged I beam Rods by MMR

Planning a s/c, turbo or high HP build, these are a MUST. Built for MMR by Manley Products. Designed to handle up to 700 HP. These are a direct fit and require no modifications. Works with crank. Includes ARP hardware and Moly Lube.
$999

Scroll all the way to the bottom..... Now dont you look like a complete jackass.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i don't think that it will be a good idea to lower the compression especially if you don't even have boost. Even after you get some sort of force induction you can still run 11.1 compression ratio and make a lot of power and it will help with centrifugal blowers and turbo. And if you want to make even more power over 750whp on the 11.1 compression you can by switching fuels to e85. I think that you should first figure out what power adder you want. The only way that I would lower the compression of this motor for boost is if I was 100% sure that i will install a PD blower.
if running pump gas, dropping the compression a little(10-10.5) would aid in tuning i believe. a 1/2 point drop in compression wouldn't have a huge impact on final numbers either, 10.5:1 is still a very high ratio vs the norm.

Users who are viewing this thread