Mockingjay... anyone else see it?

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
I was a fan of the books, and the first two movies were pretty good. This one wasn't bad, but it didn't live up to the hype imo.

However, Natalie Dormer along side Jennifer Lawrence for 2 hours = :beer:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I saw it opening weekend. I've read maybe one of the front covers of the books, so the movies for the most part are new/unexpected. I put most part due to my fiancee giving me a summary of all three books.

I thought the third one was still good. Maybe was expecting more , but was still a worthy film to watch in theaters

Last edited:

Blackoyote

Established Member
Saw it Tuesday night...was my favorite one thus far. I haven't read the books, so November 2015 can't come quick enough.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I'd tongue lash Jennifer Lawrence's fart box.
Who wouldn’t? At least we know what she looks like underneath, thank you fappenin!

About the movie, everyone said the third book was the worst so it was no surprising that this movie wasn’t as good as the previous 2. At least the 4th will have all the good parts from the 3rd book. Interesting to see what parts are of Philip and what parts were after his death, RIP.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
About the movie, everyone said the third book was the worst so it was no surprising that this movie wasn’t as good as the previous 2. At least the 4th will have all the good parts from the 3rd book. Interesting to see what parts are of Philip and what parts were after his death, RIP.

This movie (the 3rd movie) is the first half of the 3rd book. The first half is really slow and boring imo. Most that say the third is the worst is likely because A) it doesnt revolve around the games, B) first half is setup for the last half, and C) In the books Katniss spends most of her time on morphine because shes ****ed in the head.

Part 2 will be really ****ing good. Saw Pt1 and it was about as good as it could get for that half of the book.

IIRC they use a body double for FSH and will CGI his face in. Most of his scenes were filmed.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
As usual, the books are way better than the movies. There is a lot of details left out in the movies that I think would go a long way. Quite a bit of the humor stuff has been left out. Katniss is indirectly really funny at times and some of the stuff with Haymitch has been left out too that is funny.

Branhammer

Established Member
As usual, the books are way better than the movies. There is a lot of details left out in the movies that I think would go a long way. Quite a bit of the humor stuff has been left out. Katniss is indirectly really funny at times and some of the stuff with Haymitch has been left out too that is funny.

I disagree. I think most of the details left out weren't that important. For instance, the removal of the mayors daughter and the fact that she gave Katniss the mockingjay pin in the first book. That whole story didn't really matter. As far as book to film adaptations, this is probably the best series I've seen. By contrast, look at that piece of crap Mortal Instruments movie. That was god awful if you read the first book.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
it was slow and boring but that makes sense since it's a 2 part movie.

And I'd brew tea from Jennifer Lawrence's tampons.

Branhammer

Established Member
it was slow and boring but that makes sense since it's a 2 part movie.

And I'd brew tea from Jennifer Lawrence's tampons.

Thanks, I didn't need to eat today.

But yeah she's amazing. I never had a real "celebrity crush" until she came along. The fact that she's from my home state makes it even better.

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
It was alright but no where close to the first two.
Looking forward to the finale next year, will be same month as Spectre release.

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
I would drink Natalie Dormer's bath water. Then piss it out, then drink it again.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
This movie (the 3rd movie) is the first half of the 3rd book. The first half is really slow and boring imo. Most that say the third is the worst is likely because A) it doesnt revolve around the games, B) first half is setup for the last half, and C) In the books Katniss spends most of her time on morphine because shes ****ed in the head.

Part 2 will be really ****ing good. Saw Pt1 and it was about as good as it could get for that half of the book.

IIRC they use a body double for FSH and will CGI his face in. Most of his scenes were filmed.
I knew most of the details since my sis read all the books and spared me the details. She enjoyed the movie more than the 1st half of the book.

Actually glad they left the humour out. The movie was better off with the serious emotional tone and it nailed IMO.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
It was alright but no where close to the first two.
Looking forward to the finale next year, will be same month as Spectre release.
IMO next year will be the year of the movies. Too many good movies coming out, might triumph 2012. Star Wars, 007 Spectre, Hunger Games, Avengers 2, Jurassic World, Furious 7 (spare me the details, they entertain me and are BO hits), Terminator Genisys, MI:V

sonicdan

Established Member
I read the books, and I think it would be hard to get all of the details from the third book onto film. I know the book is always better, but Mockingjay really goes into details of how horrific some of the scenes are, and how that society spares no mercy on trying to capture Katniss.

I'm going this weekend to see it.

Oh, and........I'd pay just to smell JLaws fart. Just sayin'

Users who are viewing this thread