2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I didn't realize that three pages had passed since the question
icon_redface.gif

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Well, at least someone is trying to stay on topic and not whore it up.

Still, headers are the last thing to do. They are of little benefit with the KB at 30 lbs of boost, and none with the heaton. I've never seen one example of shorties being worth the expense.

Headers, to be of value, must be tuned for the exhaust port, volume of the combustion chamber, cam grind and valve size. They must also be of equal length. There is even some benefit to stepped tube sizes that act a little like the expansion chamber on a two stroke motor. They maintain an optimum balance between backpressure for Torque, and scavenging for peak HP.

George, spend the cash on a KB, a live axle and all of the parts Griggs will sell you. Griggs has a nice rear suspension for the Mustang that will turn your machine into a real road burner with their live axle. $$$$$. If you want to stay with a 6 speed manual, go with the Viper spec T-56.

If you are going to focus on drag racing, a built C-4 or AOD will allow you to run the straight line with no boost drop, because your foot will never lift, actuating the waste gate and causing boost drop. Consider the primary use of the car.

Headers are something you might need if you're looking for 800+ HP, otherwise do a bunch of other stuff, and do headers when that is the only thing left to get you where you need to go.

Now, I'll stuff the engineer back in the cage. Post count has been incremented again, and no whoring involved. Whoo Hoo!

I said, whoo hoo

Last edited:

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
So I ripped it from a Simpson's episode.

"Rock and roll is beg borrow and steal" -Stevie "Guitar" Miller

You beg for a record deal, borrow gear and steal the guitar players girlfriend.

That may not be what Steve Miller actually meant by the "Beg Borrow and Steal" comment, but it's what happened to me

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Bought the JBA's direct from JBA and had my man in HP put them on. Saved major $$. I've done about a 100% suspension makeover for track...not 1/4 mile. I was told by a fellow that does the American Iron series that bushings will give me the least bang for the buck. (and he sells them!)
Track set up....400f 600r coil over Bilsteins, MM CC plates, ST and ShT braces, Extreme subs, HP brk pads, stainless lines, Nitto 555ll's.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
hmm... i'm sure any extra bracing would be beneficial. might wanna take a look at baldsnake's set up next time we have a get together.

ps - hope your mom's doing ok.

jonas

Established Member
They found a bloodclot in her lung and are treating it with a drip
hopefully no surgery

they believe this triggered the congestive heart falure 2 weeks ago.

This shit is an emotional rollercoaster mom almost dies, i run 12.5 at lacr, mom gets the symptoms again but acts immediatly before she gets worse and wakes my ass at 2 in the morning to take her in to the er...whats next i run 11s then my whole family gets hit by a semi???

jonas

Established Member
its cool
My family has been dealing well
My mom has a history, a valve in her heart backwashes so we are no strangers to the ER

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
They found a bloodclot in her lung and are treating it with a drip
hopefully no surgery

they believe this triggered the congestive heart falure 2 weeks ago.

This shit is an emotional rollercoaster mom almost dies, i run 12.5 at lacr, mom gets the symptoms again but acts immediatly before she gets worse and wakes my ass at 2 in the morning to take her in to the er...whats next i run 11s then my whole family gets hit by a semi???

George
sounds hopeful -- at least she is reacting quickly...
hang in there.
J

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
George, I went to modularfords and copied Hammer's (Rich) sig. Check this out

2003 SVT Cobra
Kenne Bell Supercharged, JD's Performance AutoLogic Chip, Siemens Deka 55 lb. Injectors, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Spark, NGK TR-6 Plugs, Accufab Throttle Body, Metco Idler, JDM 12" Filter, Hurst Line Locks, Raptor Shift Light, BFG 275/40/17 Drag Radials

627 RWHP w/ 18 PSI Boost on Pump Gas

Best ET: 10.85 @ 128 MPH

You should talk to him, he's a really cool dude, and his car is fast

Users who are viewing this thread