mod help

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Jonas would take him at LACR... :D
(just kidding east-coast lurkers, no war desired!!!)

Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
George, I went to modularfords and copied Hammer's (Rich) sig. Check this out

2003 SVT Cobra
Kenne Bell Supercharged, JD's Performance AutoLogic Chip, Siemens Deka 55 lb. Injectors, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Spark, NGK TR-6 Plugs, Accufab Throttle Body, Metco Idler, JDM 12" Filter, Hurst Line Locks, Raptor Shift Light, BFG 275/40/17 Drag Radials

627 RWHP w/ 18 PSI Boost on Pump Gas

Best ET: 10.85 @ 128 MPH

You should talk to him, he's a really cool dude, and his car is fast

jonas

Established Member
If I go KB ;-) Ill go 15 psi no boost a pump. IMHO that thing doesnt belong on a returnless system.

If I want more I'll run a return system per my tuner's suggestion.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
If I go KB ;-) Ill go 15 psi no boost a pump. IMHO that thing doesnt belong on a returnless system.

If I want more I'll run a return system per my tuner's suggestion.

I think the 55 lb DEKA Siemens injectors and a better fuel pump will do it.

jonas

Established Member
due to magnetic variences and curvature of the earth as well as space time flux distortion radius field vectors, it is my understanding that the 1/4 mile tracks in the east coast are much much much much much much muchmuch shorter and a second is even that much longer.

using vector thust gamma corrction factors, the east coast guys are really running 15 second 1/4 miles now correcting for length its 15 second 1/4 kilometers.

jonas

Established Member
btw i have decided that headers arent worth the headache especially when taking into account the risk of exhaust leaks and rediculious costs

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
due to magnetic variences and curvature of the earth as well as space time flux distortion radius field vectors, it is my understanding that the 1/4 mile tracks in the east coast are much much much much much much muchmuch shorter and a second is even that much longer.

not to mention the hybrid vht/superglue compound that they apply the entire length of the 1000' track. :eek: ;-)

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
Oh you guys.

John, yes, eventually I want 10s.

Juan,
I plan to take a breather at 11s. It started out that I wanted an LACR 12 sec daily driver.
How it so quickly turned into wanting an LACR 11 sec daily driver, I don't know. I think the last couple of tenths are going to be a bitch. I hope I'm wrong. :cryying: :whine: :cryying:

The jury is out after I see an 11 at LACR (assuming I ever do...).
Although maybe a KB'd Cobra with proper tires could make headway on picking up that next second. :idea:
JW

stang99

Just when you thought it was safe to read posts again; HE'S BACK!!!!

I was at LACR this evening and I now have an LACR everyday mid 13 sec driver. There was no wind and the track was empty since I guess everyone was watching baseball. I could have made 100 runs but I didn't because the car only went 110 on its best run and managed a 109 to back that up. Nothing like I expected.
I have to give Juan his props now. My 4.10's were spinning through second and I could not begin to hook. My best 60' was over 2.3 and with the second gear spin added in, I was pitiful. Amand was there and he showed me dust on my pulleys and told me that the 2.8 was overspinning and heating up. I may go back to my 3.1 this Friday since the car ran fine with the 3.1 and doesn't run worth a shit with the 2.8.
BTW: I drove into the track off Hwy 14 on my F1's and left them at 32 psi cold. My sway bar was attached and the fronts were at 33 cold. I had a full tank of gas and I hot lapped the car. So what? I have gone better than 110 on bald F1's at LACR.
The moral of this story is that there may be limits to the bolt ons and tunes that can be easily put on an '03. Certainly, 4.10 gears are a blast on the street, but they are not the magic pill at LACR. Nor is a 2.8 pulley with the BilletFlow idlers.
It appears that my pile of parts is going to get some more additions. Hum, maybe I can out together another Cobra one of these days.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
See P, I told you the RR 2.90 pulley is the perfect choice. It'll take you some getting used to with the 4.10s at the track. That's all I've ever driven at the track, so it's a different learning process. I started on a clean slate. You have to re-educate yourself on the ins and outs of the launch. Have fun learning! :beer:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
Well, we'll just play a little music from the man in black, Mr Johnny Cash. I think "One Piece at a Time" will do

How about
"I fell into that burning ring of fire. Down down down ...
and it burns burns burns that ring of fire
that ring of fire."
:lol:
JW

I was running the 2.80 at C-Bad... Maybe it takes a heavy Vert for it to work :eek:

T,
How was the prep? You were 'low-balling' yourself. You still have a 12 second car. You know it.
You ran your street tires, pumped up for mileage.
You spun. If you come to Sal's prepped normally and don't get in the 12's I owe you $$.
JW

Fiveohdean

Established Member
I now have an LACR everyday mid 13 sec driver

because the car only went 110 on its best run

I could not begin to hook

My best 60' was over 2.3

2.8 was overspinning and heating up

car ran fine with the 3.1 and doesn't run worth a shit with the 2.8.

but they are not the magic pill at LACR

Nor is a 2.8 pulley with the BilletFlow idlers.

Patrick,

You should of called. If I knew you were going I would of brought you some cheese.

You know better than relating evening LACR results with cold F1's to what your car is capable of. Bring your 2.8" pulley and heat up your Nittos sunday!

Users who are viewing this thread