Mod motors take the top 3 spots at PHR's Engine Masters Competition

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
2013 AMSOIL Engine Masters Challenge Final Results - Popular Hot Rodding

I attended Thursday's dyno sessions as part of Jon Kaase's team. He contacted me for some ideas back in January becuase he knew nothing about these engines and after a few months of conversations he put together and engine that scored the highest score ever at the EMC...he's an engine building genius.

His engine is a 5.4 based, 409 ci (3.720" x 4.7") with 11.5:1 compression and some serious headers.

I met John Mihovetz and some other big names in the industry it was good to be me on Thursday.

4valved

Banned
I was following this caase did great and mihovetz as well the lsx engines did good to but the all around power wasn't there.

Those five four based engines did work

Last edited:

Expurple

Established Member
Good to see that modulars are competing with the big boys and it's good to see someone with your experience helping us out NA SVT.

I'm guessing they received high scores due to using a smaller displacement engine ( more efficient overall ) ?

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
That is an enormous stroke on that engine lol, wow! Great power though!

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
These engines are impressive (not to mention the gurus that work with them as well)

Time again and again I see the modular 4Vs doing something like this. I love it.

Congrats Todd and I'm sure you had a blast!

Users who are viewing this thread