Mod planning, need advice

iflyagfour

Established Member
Im trying to put together a plan for my Cobra here and so far this is what I have come up with. This is my first go around with the Terminators so if there is something I am missing or that I need to omit, feel free to chime in. I guess the end result is that I am looking to get upper 400's to low 500's at the wheels on the car. This is just a starting point.

1. Afco HE
2. JBA H-pipe no cats
3. JLT CAI
4. 2.76" Billetflow
5. Idler and Bracket
6. Spec Stage 2+ clutch kit
7. Custom tune

Also, which head cooling kit do you guys reccomend? Thanks..:beer:

03mgmcobra

Established Member
i am not speaking from experience, just from being on here a while now, but maybe ditch the HE and add some plugs/injectors, a steg ported blower and some supporting fuel mods like baps to reach those #s. looks good to me tho other than that. i am going through the same thing now, but x-mas is putting a damper on my mod list for now.

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Im trying to put together a plan for my Cobra here and so far this is what I have come up with. This is my first go around with the Terminators so if there is something I am missing or that I need to omit, feel free to chime in. I guess the end result is that I am looking to get upper 400's to low 500's at the wheels on the car. This is just a starting point.

1. Afco HE
2. JBA H-pipe no cats
3. JLT CAI
4. 2.76" Billetflow
5. Idler and Bracket
6. Spec Stage 2+ clutch kit
7. Custom tune

Also, which head cooling kit do you guys reccomend? Thanks..:beer:

I wouldn't do the exhaust, the He or the clutch (unless the car needs a clutch). Definately do the IRS brace, think about the steeda springs for a lower look and better cornering. Save the extra money for future upgrades.

Do the head cooling mod that goes at the back of the engine when you do the clutch. Oh by the way, when you do the clutch go to the spec 3+, it will hold the power of a twin screw or turbo and is more streetable than the spec 3. I really cannot see a reason to go the the spec 2+.

iflyagfour

Established Member
Gracias guys. The only reason I mentioned the clutch is because I dont think the one in there has too much life left in it. Ive heard both ways on the IRS brace, both billetflow and steeda. Guess it just comes down to personal preferance.

03yellow

Established Member
Dont do the spec clutch. Ram Hd is a much better choice.
Alot of people dont like RPM(with good reason) but they have been good to me.

Ram powergrip HD $349
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03cobraram.htm#3

Noticed HPP is in your backyard they run lots of Ram HD clutches. Also The HE is a great choice in our area...I lost over 25rwhp due to the texas heat. My car was pulling timing like crazy on the Dyno during the summer.

Gracias guys. The only reason I mentioned the clutch is because I dont think the one in there has too much life left in it. Ive heard both ways on the IRS brace, both billetflow and steeda. Guess it just comes down to personal preferance.

Last edited:

iflyagfour

Established Member
Dont do the spec clutch. Ram Hd is a much better choice.
Alot of people dont like RPM(with good reason) but they have been good to me.

Ram powergrip HD $349
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03cobraram.htm#3

Noticed HPP is in your backyard they run lots of Ram HD clutches. Also The HE is a great choice in our area...I lost over 25rwhp due to the texas heat. My car was pulling timing like crazy on the Dyno during the summer.

Thats the only reason I was thinking HE. Just because of the heat we get here in the summer. I know there is alot of hp lost to heat soak in our area. When I get back to town, I definately need to go over to HPP and talk to them a bit.

xenodragon

Established Member
This should be the round 1 mods:
1. Catback
2. Intake
3. IRS Brace

Round 2:
1. Smaller upper pulley
2. Tune
3. Tires

Round 3:
1. Port
2. Injectors
3. MAF.ia
4. BAP

THis is the order I see most people going, and its the order of mods I did. If you are worried about the heat, the port is going to be a big help with the heat. If you want to hold off on the port, then add in the HE and intake resovior in Round 2.

Users who are viewing this thread