Mod Thread of my ’13 5.0

haVesoV777

Established Member
To start off, the car is a track pack, 301a, safety & security. Picked her up 2/7/13 and loved driving it every second since.

So I started off with the basic “day-after-purchase” mods. Tint, JLT oil separator, roush ab and had all those on within the first week. After that I wanted to cool down my modding a bit considering I’m 20, paying for tuition and the car. So in that time I would play around with the little things; LED interior/license plate lights, tinting all the reflectors as I was going for the blacked out look, sto n go license plate bracket which is really awesome btw!

m9rl2r.jpg

2rwqnpw.jpg

And recently, on my birthday I was trying to back out of a narrow street and wasn’t paying much attention so I brushed up against some plastic bins that were out on the street (awesome time to happen right?). So I went out to look and it had “sanded” the paint on the bumper and streaked the body. Since I’m VERY particular with the paint on a car, I haven’t driven it since.

photo1-1_zps835edfe7.jpg

d918d19f-8fc8-41ab-804a-4656d652688c_zpsa29498a9.jpg

I used the opportunity to sell my Roush ABs and pick up a set of GT500 Magnaflow Comp. ABs from a forum member along with a GT500 valance from tousley as I knew I wanted to repaint my bumper because I wouldn't be driving like this.

I drove to the body shop with no mufflers bolted on and the OTA pipes were bouncing all over during the ride, it felt like I was being stabbed every time I would hear it. I ran into a pretty little gem at the body shop when I was dropping my car off.

photo3_zps1566cb2e.jpg

photo4_zpsd919f9e1.jpg

You can see my car in the back of the last pic :-D stay tuned, there's much much more to come, I should be picking it up this weekend or monday!!!

haVesoV777

Established Member
It used to be, till the owner crashed it lol. It's in the process of being repaired it should be back on the road soon!

haVesoV777

Established Member
*update* Just got these bad boys in the mail today! Can't wait to install this weekend, will provide a short write up!

photo_zps79507c8b.jpg

njn_zps3e62bdfe.jpg

haVesoV777

Established Member
Yeah StangLife they were a great investment, I figured if I'm going to buy it once, I might as well make it worth while and get the most popular ones i can find other than a garage lift.

*update* I installed the MGW about 2 hours ago and have driven around 20 miles since. I'm speechless, the car just wants to be driven. I felt so much more confident hitting redline in 1st and 2nd because I was able to concentrate on keeping the car straight rather than missing gears. It was the best investment I've made on the car and definitely should have been the very first mod I should have done. Worth every penny, great job MGW!!!

TGR96

Established Member
So what do you really think of the MGW? LOL

I was not happy with an aftermarket shifter that I had. So much so, I put the stocker back on. Been debating between Barton and MGW. Seems everywhere I look these days, someone is raving about their MGW. I think my decision is getting easier...

Also, love the quad exhaust!

clean92lx

Established Member
Got my MGW shifter in this week also can't wait to install it!! How long did it take to do the install?

haVesoV777

Established Member
So what do you really think of the MGW? LOL

I was not happy with an aftermarket shifter that I had. So much so, I put the stocker back on. Been debating between Barton and MGW. Seems everywhere I look these days, someone is raving about their MGW. I think my decision is getting easier...

Also, love the quad exhaust!

Barton was my first choice as well and with a little more research I leaned towards the MGW. Reasons being, it comes with a full billet lower assembly, all new hardware, heatshield, sound deadening (dynamat) and their MGW padding that goes over the boot. I mean honestly, for the price I just couldn't get my head around buying anything else, especially after reading only positive reviews and the V2 released recently. The install is more in depth but its def worth it IMHO. I'd buy it again if I had the choice!

Got my MGW shifter in this week also can't wait to install it!! How long did it take to do the install?

I'm sure you're as anxious as I was!! Install took a bit longer than I had originally anticipated. I read people getting it done within 2-3 hours while going with the installation video. It took me around 4.5hrs reason being I was missing a couple of tools so I had to go to the hardware store and my computer battery died and I also took a lunch break :D all in all very straight forward install as long as you don't rush, you're golden. Most difficult and ANNOYING part of install was the boot cover. Good luck man, let me know how you like it!!

clean92lx

Established Member
yea that sounds like me, I tend to drag things out and take my sweet ass time with things haha but I have all day tomorrow with nothing else to do:rockon:

haVesoV777

Established Member
*update* The day finally came to install my Boss IM and Airaid PJ CAI and get it dyno tuned. I chose a local shop in the SoCal valley called Addiction Motorsports from a referral of a friend. The owner Eddie was great and he took excellent care of my car!

This is what was going on at the shop when I got there.

photo1_zps15b84118.jpg

I had asked Eddie to port out the manifold before the install day came and the result was excellent.

photo4_zps9e88586a.jpg

No more fins!

photo3_zpsad0f98d6.jpg

Heres what the final product looked like after install.

photo_zpsa9a0c911.jpg

A short video of one of the pulls.

th_IMG_5341_zps1e9f8a80.jpg

And the final dyno sheet:

photo5_zps47a18594.jpg

Keep in mind the cats were ON, 90.43 degree @ 8% humidity, and in SoCal we only have 91 octane. That's the reason we weren't able to break the 420+ mark but I will be installing cat delete pipes soon and Eddie was nice enough to throw in a 102 octane tune if I ever wanted to run Torco!

Zevox

Established Member
Nice list so far. I just recently discovered how amazing quad tips look on these cars. How much has to be changed for the valance swap?

haVesoV777

Established Member
Nice list so far. I just recently discovered how amazing quad tips look on these cars. How much has to be changed for the valance swap?

The bumper has the outline on the inside of it to show you where to cut so the valance can fit, that's basically the only change but it makes it permanent since you can't uncut it. After you decide to go through with it, your only change up is a Boss valance or the GT500 like I've got. You can also use your stock mufflers with aftermarket quad tips or you can just get the specific gt500 style mufflers!

kingnut

Established Member
How do you like the race ramps and how much did they cost? My car is lowww. And I think they are the only ramps that will work if any.

implosive

Established Member
Damn op. I did the same exactly thing to my rear bumper like a month after getting my gt. Glad to see I'm not the only one

Users who are viewing this thread