Mods finally complete (Pics inside)

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
Well I finally got time to install my bassani catback, stereo system, and $27 chrome grille mod. My system includes Apline 9833, Audiobahn A8000T, and 10" Infinty Kappa Perfect.

Grille Mod (click for big)

Exhaust

System

Whole Truck

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
how do you like the sub? what kind of power are you running to it RMS? and are you running a cap?

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
I love the sub. I use to have a 12" Alpine Type R and I really didnt like how it hit. With the pefect it can hit just about anything with the right power. It has 400rms running to it with no cap. With it cranked and bumping like crazy you can see no power loss.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
looks good...i have a 10" alpine type-R sub im thinking about putting in my truck...but i havent decided yet...looks good though.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
how do you like the radio? i will be looking to upgrade mine after 6 years and havent looked around much yet but that is pretty nice looking

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
lightninmike said:
how do you like the radio? i will be looking to upgrade mine after 6 years and havent looked around much yet but that is pretty nice looking

After using Pioneer for years I decided to take a stab at Alpine. I can tell you one thing, I will never go back to Pioneer. Alpine might not have the best picture compared to pioneer but it doesnt matter with the sound quality and features of a Alpine. Moving around in the options and settings takes a little bit to get use to. But for the money spent I am one satisfied customer.

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
I saw that posted on f150online and I was thinking of getting one in black. Supposedly the guy does great work. I would like to see one in person before I bought one though.

Disintegr8or

Established Member
If you tweak the hanger that is right in front of the leaf spring perch, you can 1. center your tips, and 2. make them not stick out so far. I had the same fitment, until I adjusted that mount, and it made a world of difference. I will post a pic when i get home.

Tom

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
Thanks guys. I'm sorta just working on appearance mods for now. Once I feel I have learned enough about this truck I will start engine mods.

bluebyu

Looks Good!!

That is the first time I have seen the $27 grill mod on Sonic Blue - I like it.

The Bassani tips look great compared to stock, but like mentioned above, might look better a little more recessed in the side skirt, but it might just be the camera angle.

I see your from Minnesota; me too. Have you ever made it to one of our local SVTOA meetings or events? Check out our local forum if you haven't already.

svtoatc.com

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
Are you Rectics4me on their site? Cause I made it out once when you guys went out to Country Joe homes but havent had time recently to meet up.

bluebyu

superlftman said:
Are you Rectics4me on their site? Cause I made it out once when you guys went out to Country Joe homes but havent had time recently to meet up.

I am SuperSonic on the the SVTOATC board. I was also at Country Joe's. I may have met you then, I also have a Sonic Blue Lightning.

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
Alright, yeah I think I remember meeting you. I will be signing up soon here and coming to alot more meetings and shows.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
superlftman said:
After using Pioneer for years I decided to take a stab at Alpine. I can tell you one thing, I will never go back to Pioneer. Alpine might not have the best picture compared to pioneer but it doesnt matter with the sound quality and features of a Alpine. Moving around in the options and settings takes a little bit to get use to. But for the money spent I am one satisfied customer.
yah i have an Alpine now and that is what i will go back too

Users who are viewing this thread