mods on a budget hellpppp !

BluMach03

Established Member
if youre lookin to just make the car a quick DD, honestly id just do the gears, full exhaust, and all the other little bolt-ons...a mach with some weight reduction that makes 300rwhp should go bottom 12's with out an issue. then save your pennies and do the blower later

clc44

Established Member
if youre lookin to just make the car a quick DD, honestly id just do the gears, full exhaust, and all the other little bolt-ons...a mach with some weight reduction that makes 300rwhp should go bottom 12's with out an issue. then save your pennies and do the blower later

I agree, then with 01 cobra cams and a little 100 shot he's DEEP into the 11's if not knocking on 10's door. 320 RWHP + can be made pretty easy with the right bolt ons. A well set up Mach with gears and a little diet can hang with 400+ rwhp cars. Just make sure the set up is CORRECT!

BluMach03

Established Member
I agree, then with 01 cobra cams and a little 100 shot he's DEEP into the 11's if not knocking on 10's door. 320 RWHP + can be made pretty easy with the right bolt ons. A well set up Mach with gears and a little diet can hang with 400+ rwhp cars. Just make sure the set up is CORRECT!

:beer:

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member

whats the big difference in cams from my mach to a 01 cobra ?? as i posted before my best et was a 13.1 at 109 with a 2.1 - 60' ft..which is shitty for m/t drag radials but i didnt really launch it. I could probably cut a 1.9 or 1.8 being realistic lol so idk...future trip to cecil county dragway will only tell lol

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member

Its 98 Cobra cams you want not 01 :poke: Youll see about a 15ish hp gain from them. Yes a geared, full bolt on mach and some weight removed can hang with a 400+ car until about 110 lol. It will run out of gear FAST. Thats why a gear can be one of the most important things in a setup.

clc44

Established Member
Its 98 Cobra cams you want not 01 :poke: Youll see about a 15ish hp gain from them. Yes a geared, full bolt on mach and some weight removed can hang with a 400+ car until about 110 lol. It will run out of gear FAST. Thats why a gear can be one of the most important things in a setup.

The guy that held the bolt on 4V record for a long time had 01's. The 98's lose a little power down low that the 01's don't lose. The 98's only have 2 more duration than the 01's(if I remember correctly). So really either or will be a great CHEAP mod.

^ you got to see how well a geared, LT and a few more bolt on Mach runs ;) It did very well until it ran out of gear. In a 1/4 race you'd have your hands full :beer: I'm working on my combo with MMP. They do great work! Got some LT's coming soon.

I love the way both of your cars sounded!! The new bumper looks money!

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
you got to see how well a geared, LT and a few more bolt on Mach runs ;) It did very well until it ran out of gear. In a 1/4 race you'd have your hands full :beer: I'm working on my combo with MMP. They do great work! Got some LT's coming soon.

I love the way both of your cars sounded!! The new bumper looks money!

Few more bolt ons... Its a full bolt on car. LT, mid pipe, catback, Cai, intake spacer, 4.30gears, 3800 stall and some lbs dropped. It ran just like any other car would with the same mods. It jumped out on the hit and started to run out of steam. It did well yes for a car meant for the 1/4. We were not at a 1/4 mile track tho lol. in one of the 2 runs he got killed. second run he was pasted at about 110ish. It all comes down to what the car is built for. Street or 1/4.

clc44

Established Member
I'm going to set up my car for the 1/4. I don't plan on doing much street racing. If I do, they'll be dig races. Your car came on real strong up top. Just forge the shortblock and up the boost ;)

When are you taking it to the track?

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
I'm going to set up my car for the 1/4. I don't plan on doing much street racing. If I do, they'll be dig races. Your car came on real strong up top. Just forge the shortblock and up the boost ;)

When are you taking it to the track?

When i can finally pick a rear gear lol.:shrug: I have everything to build it but the gear.

4v_mach1

Established Member
13.1@109? dang thats good with the mods you currently have. I think the next cheapest mod to make your car really fast for the price is nitrous..

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
13.1@109? dang thats good with the mods you currently have. I think the next cheapest mod to make your car really fast for the price is nitrous..

Thanks, and like i said that was with a 2.1 60' so there is room for improvement lol im putting in a spec clutch at the moment along with a new trans (thanks Ford warranty) idk whats next on the list of mods yet...

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
A guy at work has a LS1 camaro and he swears by his DynoTune nitrous kit. Its roughly $400 shipped...real tempting lol but I put my raptor 660 atv up forsale so if that sells hopefully i could find a nice used blower kit

Users who are viewing this thread