mods on a budget hellpppp !

Shirley1978

to the dark side..
Established Member
Drop some weight out of the car

Front sway bar
Front and rear crash bumpers
False rear seat(you keep your rear seat but take all the weight out)
Remove all foam and insulation

^^108lbs
get a extra 40 or so miles per tank and will feel alot faster cost ZERO DOLLARS

I highly advise you NOT to drop your crash bumpers.. i had a 78 vette before the mach, loved that car. i did a custom front bumper on it and seriously considered dropping the front crash bar since it weighed 80lbs..

DSC02560.jpg

Feb19_0001-1.jpg

at the last minute i ended up keeping in on, just in case...
one night on the way home i hit some black ice and ended up going into a tree head on

Nov17_0006.jpg

i ended up hitting a tree head on at 50mph.
look at the crash bar. if it wasnt for that piece of metal, i wouldnt have walked away with only a broken collar bone and smashed ego.

Nov17_0001.jpg

you just never know when things might go wrong.

Jonny

buckinwild

Established Member
Buy what you can afford basically. I'm on a budget as well, with that being said I would advise you to steer clear of forced induction and gears for now, concentrate on making the car lighter, get sticky tires, forged axles, alum. driveshaft, etc. Optimized what you have basically. One thing about this game, a person can invest a sizable amount of money into a car quick go out lose a race and still feel like its not fast enough, then there are parts breaking issues to consider that can get expensive even quicker and in some cases very inconvenient as well.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
Buy what you can afford basically. I'm on a budget as well, with that being said I would advise you to steer clear of forced induction and gears for now, concentrate on making the car lighter, get sticky tires, forged axles, alum. driveshaft, etc. Optimized what you have basically. One thing about this game, a person can invest a sizable amount of money into a car quick go out lose a race and still feel like its not fast enough, then there are parts breaking issues to consider that can get expensive even quicker and in some cases very inconvenient as well.

Why steer clear or gears? Just curious.

I feel a built rear with some 4.30s would really give him that fix of wanting his car faster for a while. It might be a little costly but I can't think of anything that's cheaper or costs as much that will do as much good for his car. Especially since he's running street radials right now with the stock rear and gears.

buckinwild

Established Member
Why steer clear or gears? Just curious.

I feel a built rear with some 4.30s would really give him that fix of wanting his car faster for a while. It might be a little costly but I can't think of anything that's cheaper or costs as much that will do as much good for his car. Especially since he's running street radials right now with the stock rear and gears.
Keyword is budget, also he may wanna go forced induction at some point. Gears are a great kick in the pants mod but not sure how good of a fit they would be in his situation.

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
Like i said i do have 4:10s but never installed them, simply because im unsure what route im going still lol. I'm thinking of selling my other toy (raptor 660-quad) to buy a blower...thanks for all the input so far, keep em coming

watman02

Established Member
do you have any sort of tuner???? that was the only mod I did that after it was installed I could feel gave the car more power the rest were unnoticable. and you can always get upgraded tunes once you have one. other than gears witch I also have laying around waiting to be installed that was the best bang for buck one I did

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
Yep 3.55 ratio, stock axles and stock suspension. Right around 4800 rpms!

gooood god lol i mean i do have a powertrain warranty still so i guess i could give that a try :beer: what kind of power are you putting down with the FI now ? and any track numbers..? i think i might be selling my atv and shopping for a used vortech kit or something i hope.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
gooood god lol i mean i do have a powertrain warranty still so i guess i could give that a try :beer: what kind of power are you putting down with the FI now ? and any track numbers..? i think i might be selling my atv and shopping for a used vortech kit or something i hope.

My car put down 461 rwhp and 462 rwtq on 12 degrees of timing @ 10 lbs of boost! The first time it went to the track with the blower it went 12.01 @ 119 but there was a problem in my tune that was causing it to hesitate during WOT. I got that fixed with a new tune but have not been to the track since. The car has 84k on it and I am still riding on the stock clutch. I have been afraid to take it back and have something break!! :shrug:

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
My car put down 461 rwhp and 462 rwtq on 12 degrees of timing @ 10 lbs of boost! The first time it went to the track with the blower it went 12.01 @ 119 but there was a problem in my tune that was causing it to hesitate during WOT. I got that fixed with a new tune but have not been to the track since. The car has 84k on it and I am still riding on the stock clutch. I have been afraid to take it back and have something break!! :shrug:

Niceee, 84K miles on it too !! I'm dreading mine hitting 45K soon lol I'm loving my powertrain warranty tho..im getting all new synchro's and a clutch...all "covered" :rollseyes

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
Niceee, 84K miles on it too !! I'm dreading mine hitting 45K soon lol I'm loving my powertrain warranty tho..im getting all new synchro's and a clutch...all "covered" :rollseyes

Nice man you gotta take advantage of that warranty. I know exactly what you mean about warranties. I have a 07 Trailblazer SS which I bought back in '08 with 6k on it. It came with an 5 yr 75k extended warranty on it! The Mach was my daily driver for so long and the miles kept adding up!

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
Nice man you gotta take advantage of that warranty. I know exactly what you mean about warranties. I have a 07 Trailblazer SS which I bought back in '08 with 6k on it. It came with an 5 yr 75k extended warranty on it! The Mach was my daily driver for so long and the miles kept adding up!

Yea, i daily drive my mach also. I bought it just over a year ago with 34,xxx miles i got a deal on it cuz i work at the ford dealer so i can't complain lol i try keeping my miles down still. Thank god my works not a far ride, just a few miles from home. could you send me some pics of your car?

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
Yea, i daily drive my mach also. I bought it just over a year ago with 34,xxx miles i got a deal on it cuz i work at the ford dealer so i can't complain lol i try keeping my miles down still. Thank god my works not a far ride, just a few miles from home. could you send me some pics of your car?

Yeah let me get into my photobucket!

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
Yeah let me get into my photobucket!

Looks like i might be getting a whole unit instead of it rebuilt lol the parts list was at 2600 $... so it might of went over the cost cap. Oh well, long as it gets done.. im still looking for a blower kit too if anyone has any

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
4.10s would be fine with the blower...i would put em in!

Depends what blower. I have 3.55 and 28"mt with a Eaton and the car will still spin on the street but it all stock susp. I would wait to do gear until you know what SC or what power adder your goin with.

Users who are viewing this thread