mods on a budget hellpppp !

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
Well ill start with the fact that im 22 and i have a comp orange 04 mach, i bought the car and it had a magnapack catback. I added my bbk x pipe off my previous 02 GT, a few weeks later i got a jlt ram air intake, a steeda tri-ax and a sct xcal3. I then sold the SCT and got a diablo and my best track time is a 13.1 @ 109.xx Being that im 22 i cant just go buy a vortech kit or anything of that sort, i was considering nitrous ?? but im kind of iffy:shrug:...any suggestions or advice for my situation..? im not on the mommy and daddy hand me money list lol Thank you

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
I feel ur pain bro..."/ I'm 22 as well and this car hobby isn't cheap!

Nope, this is my 3rd car..all mustangs lol i was gonna sell it and get a cobra cuz theyre actually cheaper to mod and make more power. But the color of my car makes me tell myself no lol so i gotta figure somethin out !! its driving me crazy

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Start lookin into a eaton swap. I did mine for alittle over 2000 after tune and gauges. as long as you stay with the stock pulley youll be good. I have had mine on for almost 2yrs now wothout any problems. Ill out run just about any pulley cobra and have beat a ported cobra and a few gt500. The car moves pretty well. Oh and i did my swap on a bone stock mach. Saved all my money to do the eaton. Made 409 with the car stock. I was also 21 when i got the car so i know the boat your in. Good luck and if you have any questions just let me know. :beer:

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Tell us where you want to see an improvement. At the track or on the street? What type of a budget are you working with? Be honest.

phillipmach1

Established Member
Out of everything that i done to my car i thing the best and cheapest mod i have done is the 1/2 in intake spacer from MMR only payed 105 dollars with that and your JLTyou should gain about 20 hp

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
I actually have a set of FRPP 4:10's in my closet lol, i do like my gas mileage tho. But id like to see improvement on the track and the street. Budget wise i mean...i dunno, im willing to put out the $ to an extent lol but i mean i obviously want the most for my money. I would love having a vortech or a blower kit in general, then again cams would also be nice lol

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
Start lookin into a eaton swap. I did mine for alittle over 2000 after tune and gauges. as long as you stay with the stock pulley youll be good. I have had mine on for almost 2yrs now wothout any problems. Ill out run just about any pulley cobra and have beat a ported cobra and a few gt500. The car moves pretty well. Oh and i did my swap on a bone stock mach. Saved all my money to do the eaton. Made 409 with the car stock. I was also 21 when i got the car so i know the boat your in. Good luck and if you have any questions just let me know. :beer:

I did read up on the eaton swap once or twice, with grinding tabs and knock sensors..i think a bolt on centrifical kit would be alot easier and roughly the same price (2000 range) ?

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
I did read up on the eaton swap once or twice, with grinding tabs and knock sensors..i think a bolt on centrifical kit would be alot easier and roughly the same price (2000 range) ?

Based on your current MPH your car should go mid 12's. I am not sure what your 60 foot time was but my car with bolt on's went 12.60 @ 109! The cheapest mods before FI is probably gears but if you are going to go FI down the road you might want to keep the 3.55's. My bolt on's before my ProCharger were Dr. Gas Off Road X, Borla Stinger, K&N CAI, Diablo Predator Box Tune, FFRP Aluminum Drive Shaft. The Mach's do love a higher gear to get them in their powerband!!!!!!! :beer:

PS Congrats on your Comp Orange purchase! Everyone knows that Comp Orange is the FASTEST Mach color!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:

4valvemach

Established Member
Drop some weight out of the car

Front sway bar
Front and rear crash bumpers
False rear seat(you keep your rear seat but take all the weight out)
Remove all foam and insulation

^^108lbs
get a extra 40 or so miles per tank and will feel alot faster cost ZERO DOLLARS

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
255 bfg drag radials will be your best friend if you dont mind giving up some turning performance, slinging rocks/road debris and shorter tire life.

Dont get 10-10.5" wheels and 315s. Theyll be adding not only rotational weight but overall vehicle weight as well. Stick with the stock wheels. Wide wheels and tires look cool, but that's it at your power level. You're on a budget too. Stick with necessities!

An aluminum driveshaft will help in more ways than one. Reduces overall vehicle weight and rotational mass which will free up power at the same time as reducing weight the engine has to pull. Also makes for a smoother drive line. This was one of my favorite mods.

There's a couple inexpensive, yet affective mods that are gauranteed to make a big bang for a small buck.

clc44

Established Member
Aluminum Flywheel to go along with the D/S ;)

Nitto runs narrow, so you could go with a 275/40 DR. They look good on the stock wheel.

smitty2919

Established Member
why not just have some self control and save the money then put it into a SC? lol

nitrous would be an easy install, have it whenever you want and be couple hundred $$. I don't know where you can do a "bolt on centrifugal for 2000" unless that is, it's clearly used.

But I would suggest what na svt said in post 5 that is relatively on a budget and get good gains.

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
Based on your current MPH your car should go mid 12's. I am not sure what your 60 foot time was but my car with bolt on's went 12.60 @ 109! The cheapest mods before FI is probably gears but if you are going to go FI down the road you might want to keep the 3.55's. My bolt on's before my ProCharger were Dr. Gas Off Road X, Borla Stinger, K&N CAI, Diablo Predator Box Tune, FFRP Aluminum Drive Shaft. The Mach's do love a higher gear to get them in their powerband!!!!!!! :beer:

PS Congrats on your Comp Orange purchase! Everyone knows that Comp Orange is the FASTEST Mach color!!!!!!! :)

60 ft was horrible lol 2.1 :bash: due to the fact it was my first time running M/T Et streets. I think i could cut a 1.9 with a few more trials. I'll look into the alum. drive shaft too, was your 12.60 on street tires or on drag radials ?

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
60 ft was horrible lol 2.1 :bash: due to the fact it was my first time running M/T Et streets. I think i could cut a 1.9 with a few more trials. I'll look into the alum. drive shaft too, was your 12.60 on street tires or on drag radials ?

Fats and skinnies, MT Drag Radials. I wanna say 60 ft times were 1.7! :beer:
The 4 valves like a little RPM leaving out of the hole. They are notorious for falling on their face if the RPM's are not up!

Last edited:

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
Fats and skinnies, MT Drag Radials. I wanna say 60 ft times were 1.7! :beer:
The 4 valves like a little RPM leaving out of the hole. They are notorious for falling on their face if the RPM's are not up!

With 3:55 ratio or ?? and no axles or anything what did you launch at?

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
my 13.1 @ 109.xx was with 18x9 saleens front and 18x9 FR's with MT's out back.

Users who are viewing this thread