Mods recommended for a 600 RWHP

getblown

Established Member
I currently dont have a cobra, but I graduate college in the summer and plan on getting one. Anyways if I was going to build a 600 RWHP TT cobra. What mods would I want to do prior to that to ensure the car can handle the power?

The tt kit im looking at right is the the HP stage 1. http://www.turbochargedpower.com/03-04_cobra.htm

This car will be a dd during the spring summer and fall MAYBE a few track visits.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
driveline off the top of my head: clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, input shaft, maybe output shaft, differential reinforcement or go solid axle, or DSS level 5 halfshafts and hubs, better/wider tires in rear.

fuel: pumps, rails, lines, injectors.... or change the system all together to a returnless I think it is... or was it return...

cooling: lots of stuff....

don't forget the better battery, alternator to handle loads....

and you'll need a full set of gauges, wideband to be safe.. it just gets crazy unless you have money to burn

you'll probably end up dropping over $20,000 trying to get everything up to par

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to the forum! Best of luck on your post-graduation Project Terminator. Keep us posted.

getblown

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Welcome to the forum! Best of luck on your post-graduation Project Terminator. Keep us posted.
Thanks for the welcome I made an intro thread adn got 0 replies.

TomballGuy05

Established Member
If you aren't dead set on the twins, you could go with a single setup. Hellion makes a nice looking kit...comes with everything you need including a new front suspension, its cheaper, and they have kits ready to ship. Someone on here is making 700rwhp+, can't think of who right now though. Also, if your goal is 600rwhp you could go with a KB or Whipple twin-screw setup for that kind of power level.

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
spend 6 grand in motor.
Whipple 2.3/kb 2.2 19 psi 630rwhp
100mm tb
billet flow idlers and bracket
Kb bap
60lb injectors flow tested (buy them from hermann he has good deals)
jlt cai
gords h/e
mid pipe & muffler
some drag radials so you can actually go into wot

I have more, but that will get you there. If you wanted to go all out then tell me and it will take a while to type

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
getblown said:
Thanks for the welcome I made an intro thread adn got 0 replies.
Sorry about that! Not everyone saw it, of course, but we always do our best to respond to questions and welcome the "newbies". ;-)

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
getblown said:
thanks but if you took the time to see my intro thread im not new to forums or mustangs I know how to search threads.
Well then if you are not new to forums you should know how to use the search feature and know that it holds damn near all the imformation you need to know as this has been discussed before.

Welcome to the site though. :thumbsup:

getblown

Established Member
RAZRS EDGE said:
Well then if you are not new to forums you should know how to use the search feature and know that it holds damn near all the imformation you need to know as this has been discussed before.

Welcome to the site though. :thumbsup:
hey find me the thread that is specific to the mods needed to be done to a cobra for a safe 600 rwhp and i'll read it until stfu :coolman:

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
getblown said:
hey find me the thread that is specific to the mods needed to be done to a cobra for a safe 600 rwhp and i'll read it until stfu :coolman:

wow, that's pretty aggressive. 600hp is not safe if the idiot driving the car doesn't have a clue. no offense, but i lurked on this site for well over a year before starting to really post. i've started plenty of threads and gotten no responses. it just depends on who's logged in at any given time, and how much time they have to devote to an endless topic such as the one you've posted.

if you want my opinion, i'd build up the shortblock and go with a KB or Whipple instead of the $7000+ turbo set-up, which would require a built shortblock anyways. regardless, you're looking at $10,000+ in addition to the cost of the car AT LEAST.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
getblown said:
Eh forget it. Burn up a couple pistons. Post a vid when you do. Will be quite entertaining. No wait...You dont need any supporting mods! We found out can just run 600+rwhp on these things and run them like a bat out of hell. :idea:

Its called research. With you fixing to graduate college, I figured they would have taught you how to do such a thing. I know they drill it in my head here @ Oklahoma State. But what do I know....

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Jeez guys, lighten up a little. I have been on these forums for a very long time. Times change and what worked years ago might not be the best way to do things now. It never hurts to ask a question. Keep in mind, this guy is new at posting, so cut him some slack!

Dude, if you have any questions, pm me, I will do my best to help you out, not bust your balls.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
jackers said:
Jeez guys, lighten up a little. I have been on these forums for a very long time. Times change and what worked years ago might not be the best way to do things now. It never hurts to ask a question. Keep in mind, this guy is new at posting, so cut him some slack!

Dude, if you have any questions, pm me, I will do my best to help you out, not bust your balls.
I'm sorry... :( I'll be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread