MODS? swap between original ECU and NEW

CashMoneyKC

Established Member
I am considering some the basics that I see most of you have in some brand or another:
Oil seperator- JLT
Heat Exchanger- C&R
Exhaust- Roush or Corsa

Im pretty sure that Ford wont be able to claim that these parts affected another part thats why Im starting with these first BUT......I want a lil bit more not much.

Metco 2.6 Pulley
Tune

I know once I cross that threshold then warranty is pretty much done on most of the main engine components.

Yes it is up to me if I wanna do it or not....I would like to know if any of you have experienced or heard of serious costly issues that have come up because of those 2 mods above. The guy im talking with is at PERFORMANCE EVOLUTION in Delaware not evolution performance in PA and he thinks that all the mods above would be just fine and shouldnt cause anything serious for the most part.

Friend of mine gave me the idea of no heat exchanger to look stock and just do a stock look pulley and a tune and thats it nothing else so the dealer wont really check for tunes....Another told me to buy a new ECU and take my stock one out and hold onto so when something goes wrong put the factory ECU that it came with back on along with other pulley. Is that possible?? Ive never thought of doing this before. He has a friend that does it on his car and they havent suspected or found anything. He has had it in for warranty work on the turbo.

ANY IDEAS or THOUGHTS guys....need your help on what you think would be the best route for me to take?

CashMoneyKC

Established Member
I see you have most of the mods I was considering >Im thinking that you are happy that you went with those choices and have had no problem.

I am just trying to make sure before I do it that its worth it and wont cause problems thats all. Trying to reach out to the forum to get some reassurance.

Thanks

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Although there are no guarantees in life but this is what I have gathered from the board. Stay away from the two step and lower pulley especially on a bigger blower. Cruising around on the stock tune and boost is boooring.

NJSP117

Established Member
Why not go with a stock look VMP 2.59 pulley and tune. Dealer will not even tell the difference in the pulley since it looks so similar to stock...and you can flash it back to stock if you need to go in for warranty work. It's easier than taking the pulley on an off if you need to take the car in. I've taken mine in for warranty work and they've never said anything. Most of my mods are FRPP, so maybe that's why. But I have the VMP pulley, tune, FRPP intake, FRPP 65mm TB and the Ford KR axlebacks....dealer never said a word about anything except "thanks for coming in"!
I don't see the HE causing an issue either...but maybe my dealer is more lenient than others.

Users who are viewing this thread