Mods vd HP...

Grombil.com

Established Member
I have these mods on my truck:

Single blade throttle body
Open air filter
Bigger exhaust (Cant remember the brand...)
Superchip chip (Have no other info on this peace...)

The truck is dynoed to 425hp (In the engine)...

So is this ok compared to the mods ore is this weak? I am like many others looking for max power on a stock engine. What im looking for to by is a Diablo predator (Supechips days are over...) a pulley (The lower pulley is the one to change iv understud?) and maby porting the top intake manifoil... What will these things probably give me in HP? Is it possible to get around 450rwHP withm thises mods ore do you prefer other ways to this number?

Have i understud right when i say that the supercharger also can be ported? Will this give me moore power for tha buck? I also read about some traction bars? Anyone have links to these on the net... Im understanding almost ewerything, but some things are difficult so pleace use the whole word and no shorts pleace :rollseyes

Grombil.com

Established Member
MMShaggy said:
Are you running the stock pulleys?

Yes, the pulleys are stock. What size is "safe" to go for? Im looking for a safe tune and then i will put my money in the undercarrige to optimal performance on track... So maby next winter there will be som big engine mods :rockon:

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
425 on stock pullies....something is nto right....or he had a spike on his dyno run....or he's spraying

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Grombil.com said:
The truck is dynoed to 425hp (In the engine)...

He says 'In the engine' so I'm assuming he means brake horse power (bhp)? Which that wouldn't be to insane considering we have what about a 22% drivetrain loss?

340rwhp'ish?

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
^^^It wouldn't be that low I don't think. Maybe like 355ish, give or take 5.

If you had rear-wheel HP (rwhp) it would be alot easier to say. Either way slap a lower pulley on it! 4# lowers are the most common, but you can run a 6# lower and still be pretty safe, as long as you have a good tune. I'm running a 5# lower and love it.

Grombil.com

Established Member
Sorry... I see you all is using rwhp... Its 360 at the wheels. 425 rwhp is about my goal for the truck.

So if i install a 5-6# lower pulley... How mutch boost will this give? Then i really shuld mount a wideband to be on the safe side? Whats the size of the stock pulley?

Im using my truck mostly on the street. Maby some trackdays and street legal runs, but mostly on the street.

LightningMAS

Banned
6# will net u 6 more pounds of boost over stock... get a AEM wideband for safety use..... must have. i found out i was running way to damn rich......

inches of the pulley size-
7.5 inches = stock
8.75 = 5lbs
9.0 = 6lbs

when u go over stock boost. get a NGK TR6 plugs and a handheld tuner and get the truck tuned and ur set.

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
Hello,

here is a list of my mods.

This should be close to what you are looking for. The mods and tune are safe and also good for high speeds on the Autobahn.

If you are starting to change the pulley you should also add colder Spark plugs and a good tune. Take a look at Amazonracing.com for the Predator + tune (Amazonracing). Let me know if i can help.

Engine / Exhaust:

- Bassani stainless steel cat back
- Bassani stainless steel midpipes with high flow cats
- MAC/ Motoblue cold air intake
- 95 mm MAF - MAC/ Motoblue
- C&L Trueflow pipe
- Accufab single blade throttle body
- C&L plenum
- LFP 4# lower pulley
- NGK TR6 spark plugs
- LFP oil separator
- Factory Tech valve body
- e-Fan Flex a lite (will be mounted next days)
- Afco Heat Exchanger (will be mounted next days)
- AMAZON custom tuned Predator

Skoalman

Banned
spyder1337 said:
How exactly do these help? I'm still wondering what they do and how they do it.

They used to call these 'slapper bars' back in the 60's when they were very popular with the hot rod street crowd, it's old school technology at work.
The rubber snubbers actually come into contact with the leaf spring under a hard launch. That basically help 'plant' the rear end by promoting weight transfer to the rear of the vehicle, it's also a way to help combat 'axle wrap', (which can be a damaging occurrence.

There are other versions of these, like the long bar style ones available also, but these are the ones i am currently using on my truck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread