Modular 5.0 stroker kits, any high mileage builds out there?

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
My concerns about the piston side loading caused by using the custom pistons and required shorter 5.85" connecting rod needed for the 3.8" Kellogg crankshaft have not been alleviated. In fact, I'm about 99% convinced that I should just stick with a stock stroke 4.6L build.

Does anyone out there have a high mileage modular 5.0 stroker build? I'm looking for engines that still run well without any unexplained increase in oil usage between changes.....generally 50,000+ miles. I was told that the pistons used for this build would basically need to be replaced before reaching 50,000 miles which is why I threw out that number.

pacific4v

Established Member
I have a higher mileage 5.0 stroker. It was installed by the previois owner at about 70k miles. My odometer stopped working 3 summers ago when I did the t56 swap at 119k miles. I've probably put 8-10k on it since then. Its been boosted the past 2 summers too. No excessive oil consumption or anything like that. It was built by mmr too.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
I have a higher mileage 5.0 stroker. It was installed by the previois owner at about 70k miles. My odometer stopped working 3 summers ago when I did the t56 swap at 119k miles. I've probably put 8-10k on it since then. Its been boosted the past 2 summers too. No excessive oil consumption or anything like that. It was built by mmr too.

So yours is around 50k miles?

Users who are viewing this thread