Moog ball joints

Vicious805cobra

Established Member
Quick question for you guys that have changed ball joints. Are the moog ball joints better then the steeda x2 ball joints or would you consider them the same?

black 10th vert

Established Member
Steeda X2 ball joints are used to correct roll center issues on lowered cars.

The Moog I believe is just a service replacement of the original.

What Jimmy said is correct. The X2 have different pivot heights than the stock, or stock replacement joints, so if you have a lowered car, your best bet is to buy the Steeda ones. Note that they will lower the front of your car even more than just your lowering springs, if you don't use the supplied spring spacers. Because they come as a "kit" with the spacers, that makes them more expensive than the Moog replacements.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Thanks on the info guys. My cobra is lowered on H & R race spring, so steeda x2 it is then.
:beer:

Don't forget to at least check your bump steer, as lowered Mustangs can often become somewhat ILL HANDLING from messed up bump steer.

Optimize what you have and then you will be better able to enjoy the handling benefits of a lower center of gravity and higher rate springs.

As opposed to the opposite happening and potentially handling worse than stock.:beer:

Vicious805cobra

Established Member
Don't forget to at least check your bump steer, as lowered Mustangs can often become somewhat ILL HANDLING from messed up bump steer.

Optimize what you have and then you will be better able to enjoy the handling benefits of a lower center of gravity and higher rate springs.

As opposed to the opposite happening and potentially handling worse than stock.:beer:

Thanks for the input jimmy. I will look into it, after buying MMs alum rack bushing i decided to freshen up my 90,000+ mile cobras front suspension.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Thanks for the input jimmy. I will look into it, after buying MMs alum rack bushing i decided to freshen up my 90,000+ mile cobras front suspension.

Yeah, definitely throw in a bump steer kit "while you're in there" since you will need a complete alignment anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread