Moral question

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
My gym owner his cheating on his pregnant wife with a student, using drugs, and refusing to give her back the 20% she invested.

Would you you continue paying monthly dues for a couple? I've already made up my mind not to, just curious.

MysticRob

Established Member
I don't see that affecting my desire to stay fit, so unless his idiocy somehow influences that, or I find some place cheaper, then I'd keep working out there. The money and their personal life is on them to resolve and isn't my problem or concern.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Sounds like you're involved in business that's not yours, and that business should be resolved in the courts. If you don't like giving your money to him, then dont.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
My gym owner his cheating on his pregnant wife with a student, using drugs, and refusing to give her back the 20% she invested.

Would you you continue paying monthly dues for a couple? I've already made up my mind not to, just curious.

While no one likes to feel like they are funding bad people, you should make your decisions based on which gym provides most value to you. Are there other gyms near you that offer the same/similar/more services for similar pricing? or are the other gyms out of your way?

Bottom line is unless lots of people at the gym decided to go elsewhere, losing one or two people over it will not affect him. Just choose which gym gives you the best value for your money, whether it's your current gym or another one.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I don't see that affecting my desire to stay fit, so unless his idiocy somehow influences that, or I find some place cheaper, then I'd keep working out there. The money and their personal life is on them to resolve and isn't my problem or concern.

Yes but some people also might have reservations to continue using a GYM to support a person they do not like. For me and my money, it's all about personal satisfaction. I want to feel good about things I purchase or am a part of. Many feel the same way, if you hadn't know this about the owner you'd probably continue using the GYM?

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
While no one likes to feel like they are funding bad people, you should make your decisions based on which gym provides most value to you. Are there other gyms near you that offer the same/similar/more services for similar pricing? or are the other gyms out of your way?

Bottom line is unless lots of people at the gym decided to go elsewhere, losing one or two people over it will not affect him. Just choose which gym gives you the best value for your money, whether it's your current gym or another one.

That's what I feel like since my money goes towards his whore and buying a new truck instead of providing for his near destitute wife. I'd actually not have an issue if there was a sense of remorse, but the opposite is true.

The way I see it, some people don't support groups they don't like all the time but it's easier when there's a crowd.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Yes but some people also might have reservations to continue using a GYM to support a person they do not like. For me and my money, it's all about personal satisfaction. I want to feel good about things I purchase or am a part of. Many feel the same way, if you hadn't know this about the owner you'd probably continue using the GYM?

Yes.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
That's what I feel like since my money goes towards his whore and buying a new truck instead of providing for his near destitute wife. I'd actually not have an issue if there was a sense of remorse, but the opposite is true.

The way I see it, some people don't support groups they don't like all the time but it's easier when there's a crowd.

If you're uncomfortable leave. Pics of destitute wife?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
If you don't like the situation and it affects the value you get from the service, absolutely, leave the gym. There are businesses I don't support locally because I don't like the owner.

By and large however, I try to stay away from other people's issues, because it's generally impossible to know all sides of the situation.

Machdup1

Established Member

Before I comment I will need pictures of wife and girlfriend.

TheShadow

Hey, you're a funny guy.
Established Member
If you're uncomfortable leave. Pics of destitute wife?

Before I comment I will need pictures of wife and girlfriend.

I4Nudz.

Research purposes only, of course.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I'd have a definite problem supporting his business. There are plenty of gyms out there. Make the switch, and tell him why. People should be held accountable for their actions. I love spending my money locally. I used to love spotted cow beer---made in new glarus, Wisconsin. When I found out the owner of the brewery is a massive Obama supporter, I stopped drinking the beer. That may seem a little extreme, but there's a similar beer brewed in Milwaukee with a better name, anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread