More bad cops, San Antonio TX - HANDS UP DONT SHOOT

2001sleeper

Established Member
"Police say" Hahahahaha
Those guys tell the truth.

From the CNN article
"The second video shows Flores holding a knife as he's shot, a source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN on Wednesday. The suspect had both hands up, but he held a knife in one of his hands, according to the source."

Last edited:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Funny how you felt the need to add "black guy" in that statement. You wouldn't be trying to stir the pot more are you as all the info I've obtained shows they called the guy by his name and never used his race. Interesting on how some people feel the need to try to bring race into EVERYTHING. Sure, the public has the right to see it. I still debate the benefit of it being shown as we don't know the facts.

For example - How many people watching that video would seek out the below? What benefit was the video if this later turns out that the guy reached for his waste or said something along the lines of "I have a bomb, time for everyone to die." then reached for something.

Again, this could be a case of bad cops, suicide by cop or someone making a move that insinuates a threat towards the officers life. Right now, we don't know and yet most of you already have your pitchforks out. This is 100% the reason why I think these video's shouldn't be shared with the general public. All they serve to do is invoke mass panic or hate. Nothing can reverse that effect even if the action that cause it was a correct action taken.

Rather than being concerned over why the police did not want this guy (who happens to be black) to release his video to the media, you focus on the non issue of how the impromptu videographer was described. Whether or not you realize it, you've told me a lot about yourself in five brief sentences.

Regardless whomever was right or wrong in the situation, the police and law enforcement would prefer holding all the cards when it comes to video rather than some schnook who just happened to be passing by. You know it to be true.

Black2010

Established Member
Rather than being concerned over why the police did not want this guy (who happens to be black) to release his video to the media, you focus on the non issue of how the impromptu videographer was described. Whether or not you realize it, you've told me a lot about yourself in five brief sentences.

Regardless whomever was right or wrong in the situation, the police and law enforcement would prefer holding all the cards when it comes to video rather than some schnook who just happened to be passing by. You know it to be true.

So what article described the man as a black man? Again, I haven't seen one but I have seen a dozen that just used his name. It's a fair question.

I guess I know you then with your first statement. You obviously can not read or comprehend the written word. You even quoted me where I said why I felt that it didn't need to be shared but then are trying to attack me for questioning your reason for adding race to the mix. I guess I'm done speaking with you as I don't speak delusional. But, I'll offer you this, my wife is an amazing elementary school teacher. I'll talk to her about tutoring you over the phone to try and help with your reading comprehension problems as you obviously have some issues there.

musclefan21

Established Member
Get over it already people. Everyone watches the police "misconduct". Police isn't the problem in this country. Don't try to fix the police, fix the criminals. People criminals who lower the quality of YOUR life gets a free pass, and Police who are trying to improve the quality of YOUR life gets the short end of the stick nowadays. If you put in half the effort you put in to bash the police into bashing, protesting the crime wave in the country, this country would be a better place, and you would see less so called police "misconduct".

STOP THE WAR ON POLICE, POLICE ISN'T THE PROBLEM!

2001sleeper

Established Member
Police can be criminals too.

Yes, the public don't like criminals in general and we just want all criminals to be treated the same. If the evidence shows that these officers did not need to use lethal force, then they should be held accountable.

musclefan21

Established Member
Police can be criminals too.

Yes, the public don't like criminals in general and we just want all criminals to be treated the same. If the evidence shows that these officers did not need to use lethal force, then they should be held accountable.

and they are. I mean when did you see a case where the official investigation showed that officer violated policies and / or broke the law, and straight up left unpunished? When police break the law, they aren't treated the same as other criminals who break the same law, police are punished harsher, and i agree with that system because they are held at a higher standard than the avarage joe.

on a use of force example, start focusing on the criminal who caused that officer to punch him straight in the nose... I have punched plenty of people, all deserved and justified by policies and law. But if someone posted a cropped video, here i am a corrupt malicious pig and the other party is an innocent upstanding citizen.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
police misconduct, never happens. Politicians tell a lie? nope. In any realm of society we have people that don't follow rules. You guys that act like the cops are shooting criminals for sport are just ridiculous.

Black2010

Established Member
and they are. I mean when did you see a case where the official investigation showed that officer violated policies and / or broke the law, and straight up left unpunished? When police break the law, they aren't treated the same as other criminals who break the same law, police are punished harsher, and i agree with that system because they are held at a higher standard than the avarage joe.

on a use of force example, start focusing on the criminal who caused that officer to punch him straight in the nose... I have punched plenty of people, all deserved and justified by policies and law. But if someone posted a cropped video, here i am a corrupt malicious pig and the other party is an innocent upstanding citizen.

I'm going to assume you are a police officer based off your second comment. If that assumption is true then I'd like to take the time to thank your for your service.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
So what article described the man as a black man? Again, I haven't seen one but I have seen a dozen that just used his name. It's a fair question.

I guess I know you then with your first statement. You obviously can not read or comprehend the written word. You even quoted me where I said why I felt that it didn't need to be shared but then are trying to attack me for questioning your reason for adding race to the mix. I guess I'm done speaking with you as I don't speak delusional. But, I'll offer you this, my wife is an amazing elementary school teacher. I'll talk to her about tutoring you over the phone to try and help with your reading comprehension problems as you obviously have some issues there.

What we have here is a classic example of deflection. Unless I quoted or linked an article (which I haven't), your question is not germane to the discussion.

You've ignored how the police wanted to suppress this video coming to light. The video in question is not one taken by the police but it is one taken by John Q. Public who is a life form (don't want to offend all the sweethearts by saying human being, man, black guy, etc.., ) well within his right to take and release this video. Of course you would prefer if this was squashed because we all should listen to the police and what they say rather than forming our own opinion. Regardless who is in the right and the wrong, people have the right to know and see what happened.

Black2010

Established Member
What we have here is a classic example of deflection. Unless I quoted or linked an article (which I haven't), your question is not germane to the discussion.

You've ignored how the police wanted to suppress this video coming to light. The video in question is not one taken by the police but it is one taken by John Q. Public who is a life form (don't want to offend all the sweethearts by saying human being, man, black guy, etc.., ) well within his right to take and release this video. Of course you would prefer if this was squashed because we all should listen to the police and what they say rather than forming our own opinion. Regardless who is in the right and the wrong, people have the right to know and see what happened.

Can you be more ignorant? I've now posted twice why they wouldn't want it shared with the press right off the bat and you keep ignoring that. You may not agree with my stance on that but it's been answered multiple times already. Learn to READ!

And, by the way. You were the one that deflected. I asked a simple question. Post the article. It was a simple request. I still haven't found anything that shows the that the police department criticized Thomas (the man that shared the video). What I have seen was their concerns from the posting of that video. A direct quote from the Sheriffs office, "Broadcasting a man's death for $100 has sparked threats to our deputies' lives. Let KSAT know what you think, 210-351-1269." If anything I would say that they are criticizing the media for how the info was shared.

Share the video all you want but I would think a reasonable person would say that the media (who has the connections with the head police department staff) would have shared the video with them, asked them for comment and then shared that with the public at time of release. They didn't do that, instead they went and posted it with only one point of view referenced. The media is not supposed to be the judge and should be getting the facts from both sides. In this case they haven't done that.

musclefan21

Established Member
I'm going to assume you are a police officer based off your second comment. If that assumption is true then I'd like to take the time to thank your for your service.

Thank you sir! It is definitely much needed and appreciated.

Planter

Banned
can we stop with the cop threads and the racial tensions threads?

post some positive shit for a change. lets talk about whats good!

so negative up in here lately.

01svtL

Established Member
Thoughts on latest police misconduct? I just wish the video would have been held by the media for a few weeks. Let all the scumbag cops lie and hide for eachother, then release the video. That way lots of cops are fired, instead of just the ones who did the shooting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/01/u...shooting-had-hands-raised-when-shot.html?_r=0

Do you think Michael Brown was not justifiably shot too? If so, please remove yourself from Texas. Make room for someone with more common sense.

Fluffy110

Established Member
BTW, another officer was just murdered. Things are only getting worse.

If I were an officer right now, I would quit. THe job was already dangerous enough, now it doesnt seem worth the risk anymore.

A large number of us already have. When you attend funerals for your friends and co-workers, and continue to deal with the same bullshit with no change, non issuing of cameras, etc, etc... At some point, you say eff it, my family comes first, to hell with everyone else...

And to the person who spewed the nonsense about video review.... I ALWAYS reviewed my video when writing my reports. Things happen so quickly that it is very difficult to remember in detail exactly what was said and done (especially when you bounce from call to call and don't have the time to stop and write the report with no distraction. 2nd: Only cameras owned personally by officers are non-subject to open records requests. Any donated or department issued cameras are subject to open records request with exception of release being open and active investigations or bench orders to prevent release prior to trial.

But hey, there seems to be many attorneys on here from the looks of educated opinions and statements (very sarcastic)

SirJAG

Established Member
Do you think Michael Brown was not justifiably shot too? If so, please remove yourself from Texas. Make room for someone with more common sense.

Nope. Justified. Actually his hands were never up lol.

Black2010

Established Member
Not sure if everyone is aware of this but a citizen is allowed to observe officers while on duty (at least where I live). I challenge everyone whom thinks their job is easy or thinks they are all crooks to spend a weekend observing an officer. I try to do this a couple of times a year and it really helps bring into light what the job really is about. Friday and Sat night (6pm to 6am) shifts seem to be the most intense shifts. I like to do those as they give a good idea of the fast passed days.

Nobody, except the cops, get to see all the crap they have to deal with on a daily basis. You never know, you may gain some respect for the cops that are out there busting their ass trying to protect us vs sitting around a computer trying to find the few bad apples that are idiots that we can post about and get everyone in a frenzy.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Can you be more ignorant? I've now posted twice why they wouldn't want it shared with the press right off the bat and you keep ignoring that. You may not agree with my stance on that but it's been answered multiple times already. Learn to READ!

And, by the way. You were the one that deflected. I asked a simple question. Post the article. It was a simple request. I still haven't found anything that shows the that the police department criticized Thomas (the man that shared the video). What I have seen was their concerns from the posting of that video. A direct quote from the Sheriffs office, "Broadcasting a man's death for $100 has sparked threats to our deputies' lives. Let KSAT know what you think, 210-351-1269." If anything I would say that they are criticizing the media for how the info was shared.

Share the video all you want but I would think a reasonable person would say that the media (who has the connections with the head police department staff) would have shared the video with them, asked them for comment and then shared that with the public at time of release. They didn't do that, instead they went and posted it with only one point of view referenced. The media is not supposed to be the judge and should be getting the facts from both sides. In this case they haven't done that.

You are not defending someone exercising his RIGHT but you are defending the police wanting to stop him from exercising his right. You don't have one good reason as to why. The reason you gave is poor and defective. I can applaud the black guy for allowing the people to see his footage rather than caving into the powers that be. Myself, well, I'd prefer to see some independent footage rather than just relying on what the police have to say.

Since I have made absolutely zero mention about any article, what one should I post? Better yet, why would I post an article when I am not even speaking of an article? :idea:

Perhaps you are easily influenced by the media but rest assured, we're not all like you being that we can form our own opinions based on facts rather than someone telling us what to believe. Some of us here are not fast to condemn either party involved or swing on the ball sack of one of the parties. A guy is shot and we deserve to know why.

Edit: When it comes to stopping (or not wanting) someone from exercising a right, I need a lot more than your position of it not being fair as a reason why. In a nutshell that's it.

The cops do not like when the shoe is on the opposite foot, huh?

can we stop with the cop threads and the racial tensions threads?

post some positive shit for a change. lets talk about whats good!

so negative up in here lately.

You are hereby elected to lead by example.

Last edited:

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Haha! Ride alongs! Lol!

Half of SVTP would be like, "Hey officer, this is how I did it in COD."

Users who are viewing this thread