More info on brake cooling ducts

Back-N-Black

Established Member
Now that Anthony is out of the brake cooling duct business, at least for now anyway. What is the best setup out there now.

Priorities are venting closest to the center of the spindle.
Lightweight
Price

I see two options but they vary a lot in price.

The Quantum looks to be a complete kit. Would love to see some close up shots of the plates on the hub.

Quantum Motorsports $175 entire system

The Kenny Brown kit appears to be steel, correct me if I'm wrong. It does not come with the hose, etc. Thats another $125 approx, ouch.

Kenny Brown $161 only the plates and plate mnt hdwr

edit: Added Agent 47

Agent 47 Kit $182.00

Are there any opinions on each or any other companies selling these things that are worth a damn?

Taking into account some things I have heard are:
Maybe ducts aren't needed with 18" wheels(HPDE's and OT)
Forget the plates alltogether just tie wrap the hose to point at the spindle

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Taking into account some things I have heard are:
Maybe ducts aren't needed with 18" wheels(HPDE's and OT)

Wrong, ALL Mustangs require front brake cooling for anything beyond lunch time track touring. I don't care what size brakes or wheels you have on the car.

Forget the plates alltogether just tie wrap the hose to point at the spindle

Many people have gotten away with this but you need a positive and failsafe way of holding the hose in place at the center of the rotor.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Gray Ghost GT

Established Member
Wrong, ALL Mustangs require front brake cooling for anything beyond lunch time track touring. I don't care what size brakes or wheels you have on the car.

Many people have gotten away with this but you need a positive and failsafe way of holding the hose in place at the center of the rotor.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

+1 Front Brake Cooling Ducts are a MUST! I use the Agent 47 cooling ducts kit - two pieces (ducts and lower grille), which work great. They're NOT cheap, but shop around to find good prices. The Quantum setup is good too. :beer:

Last edited:

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
I'd suggest saving some money and only purchase the race plates from Quantum. Then, get some cheaper hose like this from car shop and zip ties.

Last edited:

Back-N-Black

Established Member
I'd suggest saving some money and only purchase the race plates from Quantum. Then, get some cheaper hose like this from car shop and zip ties.

It sure looks like the Race plates come with everything but the hose. Where do they get off asking $100.00 for hose. Maybe I'm missing something. Isn't 10 feet of hose sufficient for the fronts?

01FR500

HPDE
Established Member
I'm using the Quantum plates and found a good deal on some hose on Ebay, 12' for $25. I have the hose routed to the opening where the foglights would be since I have a GT bumper.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
I'm running the Quantum setup, it's a nice kit with well made AL brackets angled to direct the airflow towards the center of the rotor. Good quality hose too with external steel reinforcing.
SNV31667.gif

SNV31677.gif

SNV31678.gif

SNV31931.gif

Last edited:

Back-N-Black

Established Member
I'm using the Quantum plates and found a good deal on some hose on Ebay, 12' for $25. I have the hose routed to the opening where the foglights would be since I have a GT bumper.

Did the plates come with all the mounting hardware?

Also looks like the hose on ebay has gone up considerably because I couldn't find any high temp hose near that price

edit: One thing to note, the hose kits come in some pretty high temperature varieties, 550 degrees an up. What kind of temperatures are we talking about here that is needed for a hose for HPDE's and Auto-X, etc. I have read the rotors/calipers/pads are around 600 and up degrees, correct me if I'm wrong. If thats the case what are we talking the hose temperatures, assuming that the highest temps will be at the plates on the spindle?

Hey GMSUX, Great pics!

Last edited:

smokindav

Established Member
I have the Agent 47 kit and wish I would have bought the Quantum kit because it comes with the fog light hole plate/brackets and the Agent 47 does not.

Users who are viewing this thread