Morning smoothie/shake recipes

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Getting ready to knock the dust off of my ninja smoothie machine, so I'm interested to see your favorite morning recipes. Preferably, something energy boosting. I'll be working my way back into protein shakes soon once I start lifting/working out again after a several month hiatus.

Thanks.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
3 ice cubes
1 tbl spoon agave
1 cup fat free yogurt
1/2 banana
1 cup mixed strawberry and blueberries

Blown 89

Established Member
Costco sells 6 lb bags of frozen fruit dirt cheap. I use a handful of their frozen fruit, a heaping spoonful of vanilla Greek yogurt, a frozen banana, and a little water (or diet V8 splash) and mix. I peel and freeze bananas that are about to go brown and any other fruit that's about to spoil and just mix and match and it always turns out good and a zillion times healthier than commercial options.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
1 Packet Banana Nut Sugar Free Oat meal.
2 cups egg whites
7 ice cubes
2 Tablespoons favorite peanut butter
2 teaspoons Ovaltine
Water or milk depending on my mood.
7 cubes ice

That's my gym precursor, good solid energy after that.

Post Gym

2 cups egg whites
2-4 scoops your favorite chocolate protein (preferrably sugar free)
1 tablespoon PB
milk/water
7 cubes ice

helloWorld

Established Member
I just drink one concoction of 8 fluid ounces of skim lactose-free milk and one scoop of whey isolate (25 grams of protein) in the morning before I eat my breakfast which consists of three boiled eggs.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Doesn't get me "pumped up", but definitely good for you.
Strawberries, blueberries, banana, and some milk. Delicious and nutrious. Blueberries are one of the best fruits you can eat.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Frozen blueberries, fresh bananna, greek yogurt, protein powder and almond milk. The milk is just to make sure it's not too thick.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
12 oz. organic 1% milk, 1 scoop of sugar free chocolate flavored protein powder, 1/2 scoop PB Fit peanut butter powder, 1 tbsp. Benefiber, blended together. Handful of supplements and down the hatch. I'm good to go till lunch which consists of a home made salad which I pack every morning. Work all day, then it's to the gym for several hours. Dinner consists of chicken, turkey burgers or what ever I'm in the mood to make.

MG0h3

Established Member
Trying to save time or just be healthier...lose weight?

Just an FYI, bananas are about the highest glycemic fruit there is. Good if youre trying to bulk up after lifting...not the best choice for steady blood glucose levels.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Man, the amount of sugar in some of these smoothies!

Eggs >Egg Whites. More protein.
Fat Free anything is bad. Fat is actually good for you, just not in heavy amounts.

Organic almond milk, Protein powder (Beef powder isolate is better than 90% of the powders used as they don't have fillers to make up for the content of protein in each scoop) and that's it.

https://www.purewod.com/products/build-beef-isolate-protein

This is what we use. No fillers, chemicals, and, it is a beef isolate which is better than whey. Sure, it's expensive, but, a lot better for your body.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
I appreciate all of the input thus far.

Trying to save time or just be healthier...

Trying to eat healthier. Wouldn't mind losing a couple of pounds, but that typically happens pretty easily when I start working out. Just retired from active duty in June, so between new job, move, new house, new schools, etc. haven't had much time to hit the gym. Hopefully this with lead to working out again soon.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i tried banana, strawberry, ice, milk, oatmeal, brown sugar, and a lil chocolate. it was muyyyyy good.

TheShadow

Hey, you're a funny guy.
Established Member
Was really hoping I'd read about something with bacon, scrambled eggs, toast and some vodka. Now I am disappoint.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Organic almond milk, Protein powder (Beef powder isolate is better than 90% of the powders used as they don't have fillers to make up for the content of protein in each scoop) and that's it.
This is what we use. No fillers, chemicals, and, it is a beef isolate which is better than whey. Sure, it's expensive, but, a lot better for your body.
HOLY CRAP!!!!! 70 bucks for a 2lb. bag?! That is expensive.
BUT, I did read up on it and yes, that is killer stuff. Only 3 ingredients, no dairy or any of that stuff and tons of protein in one serving! Pretty awesome. I kind of want to try it.
How long does that 2lb. bag usually last you?
I see they are sold out of the single serving packs. Too bad, I would have bought some.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I have to respectfully disagree. The fat and cholesterol in the eggs is in the yolk. I'd rather use a little more EW to get the same protein than have the fat/cholesterol....especially because PB has good fat in it. But I definitely am with you on fats...you need them.

Man, the amount of sugar in some of these smoothies!

Eggs >Egg Whites. More protein.
Fat Free anything is bad. Fat is actually good for you, just not in heavy amounts.

Users who are viewing this thread