Moser M9 Axle ABS Ring

bcmaloney

Established Member
I purchased a vehicle with the 9" and I'm not well versed on the specifics. In short I need to replace the ABS ring, among other items unfortunately. I called Moser and they want $175 dollars for a new ring. Does anyone know if the OEM 8.8 ABS rings will fit? I cannot find accurate sizes online, the descriptions are vague. The current axles are 35 spline which are machined for 8.8 housing ends, allowing for ABS retention. As I type this, it seems like a rhetorical question but I just would like some input.

Thank you for everyone's time!

B

bcmaloney

Established Member
Have you had a chance to compare them to the OEM 8.8?
Would you have the inner diameter of the Moser specific ring?

I am currently 3,000 miles away from my car.

Thanks for any information FATHERFORD.

FATHERFORD

Established Member
My car is about 400 miles from me right now also. Best i can visualize them factory 8.8 wont work.

bcmaloney

Established Member
Thanks, I picked up the OEM part and i'll see how it fits in two weeks. I wonder if any vendors would have any input on the sizing? It would be greatly appreciated!

FATHERFORD

Established Member
You might can get them to work with some machining. The 9" is just bigger in every way.... Worth a try though.

CPRsm

Sucks if they made the axle to hold their own ring. Strange makes their axles to fit OEM. Maybe Moser wants a lot for the ring. Seems odd they'd make it all different

Users who are viewing this thread