most mint conditon gnx u'll ever find

Lowflight

Established Member
50hp (ballpark) More gauges..McLaren Prepped...fender flares...Black Mesh 88-91 Trans Am GTA typw 16 inch wheels with 245/50/16 tires..more black treatment with gills on the quarters. I dated a girl in high school whose dad owned one (it rarely moved except in parades) she had an 86...my Stepfather had an 86 as well...I would race it quit a bit in high school and win. (87-90) I love GN and GNXs :thumbsup:

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
I've seen one with 20 some miles before, pisses me off tho cuz those cars are meant to be driven...all the damn time if I had one of those bastards!!! :rockon:

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Lowflight said:
I dated a girl in high school whose dad owned one (it rarely moved except in parades) she had an 86...my Stepfather had an 86 as well...I would race it quit a bit in high school and win. (87-90) I love GN and GNXs :thumbsup:

This girl, was her dad involved with Hypertech? I live in Memphis, and know of a few GNX's around.

Also, your stepdad's car, did it have a license plate similar to your user name? If so, I know that car too.

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
1tufgt said:
Anyone have a picture of the GNX???

GNX2.gif

GNX.gif

Constable

Established Member
Here's something to give you non-GN guys a lil taste. This is a video clip of a magazine test from back in the day. It's a bone stock GNX pitted against a twin turbo Calloway Corvette in the 1/4. The GNX is just plain sick for its day. It's equivelant to a Terminator being on the showroom floor in 1987.

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS http://www.gnttype.org/media/gnxvette.MPG

Here's a corny Car & Driver clip on the GNX's history (RealPlayer): http://www.gnregistry.org/movies/Car and Driver Joe H GNX 223.rm

By the way here's the difference between the GNX's and the "everyday" GN's... the wording sounds corny, it was taken from a GNX site I stumbled across a few years back:

- Ceramic turbocharger to improve boost response
- CERMATEL (Ceramic/Aluminum) coating applied to the pipe between the intercooler and throttle body and distinctive GNX turbocharger cover to reject underhood heat
- High efficiency intercooler
- Recalibrated PROM (computer chip) to maximize the advantages of the ceramic turbine
- Auxiliary transmission cooler
- Full analog instrumentation including tachometer, speedometer, turbo-boost, coolant temperature, oil pressure and fuel level guages by Stewart Warner.
- The rear suspension was modified by removing the upper control arms and installing ladder bar, a panhard bar, a cast aluminum rear cover and frame cross brace was added to add an anchor point for the ladder bar.

**Transmission - "NEW" cushion servo, pressure spring, first-second gear accumulator bushing and valve, third-fourth gear accumulator spring.

- Free-flow dual exhaust
- 16 inch aluminum alloy wheels with Goodyear Eagle VR "Gatorback" radial tires (245/50VR-16 front & 255/50VR-16 rear).
- Redesigned rear suspension geometry utilizing a longitudnal torque bar (ladder bar) and a panhard bar for improved rear wheel traction and vehicle handling characteristics.
- Additional rear seat brace

Last edited:

tommygun

Established Member
GNXs go for 50k or more

GNs from high teens to low twenties are common

04Mystik

Samsonite I was way off!
Established Member
One of my buddies has a GNX sitting on blocks in his garage, has like 3400miles. He only drives it once a year to the woodward dream cruise. I keep telling him to drive it but every year when he brings it out he gets compliments on clean and low milage it is. So he won't listen to me. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread