MOST POWERFUL EATON or KB 03 COBRA

Boost on This

Established Member
Hey Folks,

Please post your Dyno numbers, if you believe you have the MOST RWHP or Torque.

Two Categories: Eaton and Kenne Bell.

Here are the rules:
No NOS.
Specify EATON or KB.
Specify Dyno Machine type
List Mods.
Be ready to show Dyno sheet if asked.

This will serve as a good baseline for Cobra owners to see and research the exotic Mod combinations out there. Regardless of the fact that everycar is different, this will serve well for many.

Good Luck All!
Keep'n the 03 Corba family strong on the Road...
:)

Boost on This

Established Member
I personally have found this KB Cobra:
www.mycobra.us

KB 03 Cobra
546 RWHP and 484 RWT

Mods:
Kenne Bell Blowzilla (Polished)
Kenne Bell "Big Oval" Throttle Body
15 psi Pulley
Diablosport Delta Chip
Magnaflow X-pipe w/cats
Steeda Catback
Steeda Tri-Ax
Steeda CAI
Denso Iridium IT 22 Spark Plugs

This is a start. Anyone with a KB Cobra with higher numbers in RWHP or RWT?

Silver 03 Cobra

I know I'm not the most powerfull Eaton but here goes. I made these numbers when I dyno tested my chiller. The car developed a problem on the dyno that I thought at first to be a slipping clutch. It took me two weeks to find the problem. When I dynoed the rear plug on the driver's side was filled with water apparently. I iced the heads before we dynoed and I guess water ran down the coil cover plate and seaped into the hole where the coil wires go under the plate or maybe when the dyno owner removed the cover plate to hook up his tach wire maybe the towel fell over onto the coils and water ran into the plug. I cleaned out all the moisture and replaced the plugs Saturday. The car runs like a top now with no studder. I'm back to the dyno maybe Saturday to redyno the chiller. I made 10 peak rwhp running with a misfire to the numbers below, I'm pretty sure the car will top well over 500 rwhp firing on all eight.

493 rwhp SAE
527 rwt

Dynojet

6# uppper
4# lower
JBA 1 5/8 Cat4Ward headers
Bassani o/r x-pipe and catback
JDM Cool Air Intake
JDM tuned chip
Accufab TB
Custom chiller

I'm sitting here looking at this list and thinking surely I'm missig something. I guess that's it. The total cost for the mods is well below $3000 dollars if you do your own installs. Amazing isn't it. The comment, "Yeah, Ford had to put a blower on it". And I'm damn glad they did.

Last edited by a moderator:

trey193

Established Member
Matt so it wasnt the clutch, man that is great news I will say! Drop me a pm when you get some new numbers I want all the inside info!!! Later!

Boost on This

Established Member
Silver03Snake, thank you for the info.

What is a Custom Chiller?
What is your Boost gauge reading now, as far as Boost?

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
My KB is making 548rwhp and 549rwtq with 17psi boost; but running a 19psi pulley. Belt is slipping even with the tensioner pulley.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
im making 540/502 at 17psi. Tune is lean down low where big TQ#'s should be.

Last edited:

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by Boost on This
I personally have found this KB Cobra:
www.mycobra.us

KB 03 Cobra
546 RWHP and 484 RWT

Mods:
Kenne Bell Blowzilla (Polished)
Kenne Bell "Big Oval" Throttle Body
15 psi Pulley
Diablosport Delta Chip
Magnaflow X-pipe w/cats
Steeda Catback
Steeda Tri-Ax
Steeda CAI
Denso Iridium IT 22 Spark Plugs

This is a start. Anyone with a KB Cobra with higher numbers in RWHP or RWT?

Damn whats the deal with that TQ you're making. My eaton making over 40 more pound feet. :shrug:

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Guys, go look up HAMMER on ModularFprds.com...he has like 627rwhp on his KB.....I think thats tops without nitrous.

Silver 03 Cobra

Boost, here's a link.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51112&highlight=Chiller

Trey, I was somewhat relieved but I still have a bad TOB. Before I found out it was the water I called the local non-SVT Ford dealer last Tuesday. They all know me down there. I buy a lot of parts and whenever I pull up a lot of guys come out of the shop and ask me about my car. I've even ran with a couple at the track. I called to see about getting the TOB replaced under warranty and asked if they would put a clutch and FW in at my expense. The dude said no problem. I asked about a rental and he said they were expecting two back in on Thursday and he would call me back. Then he asked me about my exhaust. I told him it was aftermarket but it was no different than the Ford exhaust and would cause no problems. Then he said, "Aren't you the one that runs at Wilkesboro". Hell, I'm an honest person. I told him I was and said that it will not affect my warranty. He said he would call me back. By Friday afternoon and hadn't heard anything. I really didn't want to call them to begin with but they are only fives miles from my home makes it real convenient. They are known as the worst dealer around. I decided after the tech questioned me on Tuesday about my car I wasn't going to let them work on it and was going to call another dealer 50 miles away the next week to set it up. But, I wanted the local dealer to tell me why they hadn't called me back. I called Friday afternoon and another tech answered the phone. I asked about why I hadn't recieved a call back. He said he was familiar with my car and he said that I had modded my car and my warranty was voided. I told him he was wrong and that I know what the federal law says. He abruptly stopped and he said he needed my phone number so his boss could call me back. The shop manager calls me and I tell him he can't void my warranty over the telephone. He starts studdering around and then says the tech was only repeating from signs they have posted on their shop walls :rolleyes:. He said I had raced the car. I told him so what. You can't hurt a TOB racing the car. It is also a big problem on stock and modded cars. It pissed me off about being honest and then he wants to use it against me. If I wanted to press it I could deny I ever said I raced the car and force him to give me proof I did race the car. He asked me for my VIN. I told him I didn't have it. He told me to bring the car down and they would look at it. I told him no and that I wasn't impressed with the attitude of the tech on Tuesday and already decided not to bring the car down on Tuesday. I asked he why they had not returned my call and would have allowed me to wait four days thinking I was going to get service when I wasn't. It was a mute point since I wasn't going to use them but what if I were going to use them. That delayed me four days getting service elsewhere. He said the tech called me twice. I told him he hadn't because I was at my desk all week and I also have voice m ail. He said that he believed me as much as his tech. I'm going to talk to the owner next week. What a bunck of dumb asses. I'm taking it to another dealer about 40 miles away. They'll fix it.

I called SVT and told them what happened. He said they know there is a problem but if you mod your car it voids the warranty. I told him that there are a lot of people on the net and he said they can only go by what it being repaired at the shop. I know that. But, if they are denying people warranty on the TOB, then it's not a problem for Ford. I also told him mine went out the first week bone stock. He had no answer. I talked to Mark and then TOB in the 10th anniversary he bought last week is already sqealing. He told me to take it to another dealer and tell them that I my car was making a noice while passing by and drop it off.

Adding power to an engine can not hurt the TOB. The TOB rest on the retainer while you are in gear going down the road. It has no load on it and does not even turn. WHen you press teh clutch in, the yoke moves the TOB forward and it contacts the fingers on the pressure plate pulling it back off the clutch disk. There is no load on the fingers other than the springs of the pressure plate. No force is translated from the engine to the pressure plate. Therefore, adding power will not affect the TOB. Racing will not hurt a TOB either. It doesn't matter if you drop the clutch. All that happens is you increase th erate it moves off the fingers. The worst thing you can do to a TOB is riding down the road with your foot resting on the clutch or sitting at a traffic light with the clutch in. If adding power or racing a car can hurt a TOB, will someone explain to me why my reasoning above is wrong and how it can hurt a TOB?

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by Brad
Damn whats the deal with that TQ you're making. My eaton making over 40 more pound feet. :shrug:

Agreed. My fuel pressure is not increasing on boost, so I'm putting on the BAP today and getting her retuned. Hopefully that helps the hp & torque numbers. I didn't want to use the BAP, but it looks like I need it. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread