Motor mount replacement

pbeechner

Established Member
Ok guys, this past weekend was an abject failure haha. Didn't replace the motor mounts, and managed to break the main power out terminal off of the original alternator....so I had to buy a new one :fm:

I really don't want to end up taking this to a shop that is going to charge me 6 hours labor to do this......

Questions:

The shop manual I got literally just says "Remove motor mount" which is incredibly unhelpful. Trying to figure out how far up the engine needs to be raised to get the motor mounts out.... I put the support bar on and raised it about 3/4" but I didn't see any way that I was going to get them out. I will need to loosen up the midpipe from the headers and take off my RAI to go any higher, but that's not a big deal. So, how high??

Is it possible to get to the bolt on the block on the rear of the passenger side motor mount with the starter in the way like that??? I couldn't even get my hand in there to feel for it....

If you guys have any suggestions, that would be great. I figure the motor just needs to go up 2-3" to actually be able to get the mounts out around the stock K-member.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread