Motor Trend Track Comparison between C8 and GT500 at VIR

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
This is such a dumb use of comparison's, it is already established the GT500 runs way better times than some magazine shoot has provided. Keep it in your pants, the C8 is not faster in the 1/4 mile. Show me C8 times in the mid to upper 10s then you have a case, other wise STFU

I’m not talking about what this car or that car did or didn’t do in unknown hands with unknown changes on unknown days and different tracks.

I know it hurts you deep down to know that for this magazine testing (the most standardized test for all 3 cars that we have to date) the c8 was the winner in the 1/4 mile. Lol

STFU? Go run and tell that to your momma. Lol

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I’m not talking about what this car or that car did or didn’t do in unknown hands with unknown changes on unknown days and different tracks.

I know it hurts you deep down to know that for this magazine testing (the most standardized test for all 3 cars that we have to date) the c8 was the winner in the 1/4 mile. Lol

STFU? Go run and tell that to your momma. Lol
Lol they are using a quarter mile time from a completely different test at a previous time.

Unless, of course, the C8 is so ridiculously consistent it runs the exact ET, and MPH, down to the tenth in the quarter in different states, at different elevations, on different days with different editors. Oh yeah, it was a different test car that was used as well.

Come on man.

This is as standardized as anything with the GT500 at this point.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
C8 is 500s daddy in the 1/4, according to the newest testing. Lol

don’t be mad at me, I didn’t conduct the testing.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m not talking cars in private hands. Who knows what’s been done.

this magazine testing, is the most standardized we have.

the c8 won, no excuses. Lol

Remind me why anyone gives a shit what numbers magazine writers turnout. IIRC no magazine test did <11 in the redeye. You think that means the RE is a >11 sec car? Yeah, me neither.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
C8 is 500s daddy in the 1/4, according to the newest testing. Lol

don’t be mad at me, I didn’t conduct the testing.
I'm not mad at you. I'm just trying to get you to understand something rather simple.

The GT500 is faster, not only at a drag strip, but also apparently on a road course.

You can show me an 11.1 @ 123 test, and I can show you several different places where the GT500 has gone quicker and faster. Hell even MT met that time when they tested a GT500 in Vegas at 4000 DA, why they didn't use that number for this article when they used the C8s from another test is beyond me.

This isn't even debatable at this point. .5 and 9 mph is a monster deficit.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I had to do some research.
I guess you're right @ZYBORG

Untitled.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not mad at you. I'm just trying to get you to understand something rather simple.

The GT500 is faster, not only at a drag strip, but also apparently on a road course.

You can show me an 11.1 @ 123 test, and I can show you several different places where the GT500 has gone quicker and faster. Hell even MT met that time when they tested a GT500 in Vegas at 4000 DA, why they didn't use that number for this article when they used the C8s from another test is beyond me.

This isn't even debatable at this point. .5 and 9 mph is a monster deficit.

You need to direct your anger at motor trend. It’s a simple concept to understand.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Remind me why anyone gives a shit what numbers magazine writers turnout. IIRC no magazine test did <11 in the redeye. You think that means the RE is a >11 sec car? Yeah, me neither.

some people seem to think so, just using similar logic....

See... had numbers been the other way around, there would be no complaints and test would have been “fair” and “exact”.

notice how you don’t see ON D crying because the C8 was at a tire disadvantage. Or how it did this without a supercharger. No mention about how CF wheels affected the results. Lol

blk02edge

Established Member
Thats fine, I am happy to admit when wrong. Just to be clear, I was not going to the mat on either car and I am not a fanboi of either. Both are badass and close enough on both the track and straight line that is may be a drivers race between the two. I have been pretty impressed with what I have seen SP do in the GT500 though.
I was just kidding, i dont think of you as a biased fanboi. SP has done some impressive things and yea, this has been the best head 2 head of two cars which really are killing it on the world stage. I'm still hesitant on the fun factor of the C8 though.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe that the 500 is faster in the 1/4, but what I believe doesn’t matter. At this point in time, the best comparison we have says otherwise. Lol
Again, what MT is reporting in terms of 1/4 mile times runs counter to what Ford has reported and what many witnessed and reported at the Vegas event.

Yeah, I know man. Just ruffling some feathers.

gofast15

Established Member

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Review - Dodge Demon First Drive

11.1 Demon run in the most standardized magazine test .

gofast15

Established Member
Again, what MT is reporting in terms of 1/4 mile times runs counter to what Ford has reported and what many witnessed and reported at the Vegas event.
No surprise here , MT tested Gt500 in November , cold surface . C8 was tested in August on nice warm day

gofast15

Established Member

Then you're clueless because they were tested on different days and different tracks for 1/4 mile runs

Users who are viewing this thread