Motor Trend Track Comparison between C8 and GT500 at VIR

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Then you're clueless because they were tested on different days and different tracks for 1/4 mile runs

I guess you are clueless. 500 was tested in a colder day than the c8 allowing for the air to be denser and thus make more available power vs the c8 on a hot day.

gofast15

Established Member
I guess you are clueless. 500 was tested in a colder day than the c8 allowing for the air to be denser and thus make more available power vs the c8 on a hot day.
Stick to your old days of roll racing because you suck at drag racing .

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
@ZYBORG That kind of logic makes perfect sense if yer congress trying to impeech with bullshit.

A magazine said so?

Lame. You used to be cool man, what happened to you?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Traction > power

oreally.jpg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I was just kidding, i dont think of you as a biased fanboi. SP has done some impressive things and yea, this has been the best head 2 head of two cars which really are killing it on the world stage. I'm still hesitant on the fun factor of the C8 though.

I'm really curious about this. I need to drive this car, they have said some things that make it seem like it would be absolutely frustrating, but play them off like it's no big deal.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
@ZYBORG That kind of logic makes perfect sense if yer congress trying to impeech with bullshit.

A magazine said so?

Lame. You used to be cool man, what happened to you?

hey man, don’t go around using my own style against me....

You might wanna keep on reading, bro.

blk02edge

Established Member
I'm really curious about this. I need to drive this car, they have said some things that make it seem like it would be absolutely frustrating, but play them off like it's no big deal.
Yea, I have three friends with C8's on order, probably will get a chance to try one. I'm going to see my potential new track toy tonight so I wont be buying one anyway. But the reviews were a bit of a let down, you know MT couldn't go full shit talk on it.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea, I have three friends with C8's on order, probably will get a chance to try one. I'm going to see my potential new track toy tonight so I wont be buying one anyway. But the reviews were a bit of a let down, you know MT couldn't go full shit talk on it.
Let me know what you think when you do. I'd like something more real world.

Aside from the brakes being a major issue, which I'm expecting, I'm mostly curious about the understeering issue that seems to get worse with weight transfer, until there is snap oversteer.

If the reviews are to be believed though, it sounds like it will be amazing to drive at 8/10s.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member

Not sure if you're aware of the MotorTrend testing standards but they do the acceleration runs on an un-prepped asphalt closed road next to the port at Long Beach and apply correction factors for DA variance. They quote the same acceleration times from that point forward unless the car is re-tested for a different model year. When they run the times at racetracks it's only for those specific lap-times. They want their results to be consistent.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure if you're aware of the MotorTrend testing standards but they do the acceleration runs on an un-prepped asphalt closed road next to the port at Long Beach and apply correction factors for DA variance. They quote the same acceleration times from that point forward unless the car is re-tested for a different model year. When they run the times at racetracks it's only for those specific lap-times. They want their results to be consistent.

Perfect.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The 03 cobra is a 13.4@108!

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra | MotorWeek

C7CDC5BA-BD0D-44D9-AA53-576E5C6D208C.jpeg

(And I really like motorweek on YouTube so don’t get me testy wit any negative feedback! Mkay!)

It’s laughable that guys wanna claim the redeye’s are 10 second cars even though they run 11.3-11.8 in magazines then say the gt500 is slower even doin. 11.4@130 in magazines

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Guys mad cause the less stickier / skinnier tired 495 hp N.A. c8 beat the stickier / fatter tired 760 supercharged hp Shelby in the 1/4 in current magazine’s testing. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread