motorcraft vs screaming demon coil packs

1rawsvt_408

ALL GAS NO BREAKS
Established Member
so i have msd coil packs and msd wires that came with the car when i bought it but i want to switch it up. so i bought some motorcraft wires to replace the msd wires and so far i feel the difference much smoother idle and great response not sure if motorcraft is better or i just had bad wires. but now to question I'm here for which coil pack should i go with? i been reading lots about both but i can't figure out which would be best. theres a guy here in my city that is selling some motorcraft coil packs for $20! but gas prices are high so i don't want to waste 20 on something that won't be great use to me. any help or recommendations i would appreciate thanks guys

Last edited:

wvragtop

SPRAYING CHEATER SVT POST
Established Member
Ive been told that the factory coils are more than enough for even modified engines.the old ford factory coils on the old carbureted cars were as good as any acel or mallory ones.

coposrv

Established Member
I had a bad few coils and swapped to MSD all around years ago. I then swapped back to OEM if that tells you anything. Sometimes there's nothing better than original equipment.

96redcobra

Established Member
No problems with the screamin demons here either. If you do get them, they are not recommended to use with factory wires

Users who are viewing this thread