Motorcycle Insurance

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
why is that?

If you have a clean record, you may get a decent quote. I have heard only nightmares about claims however.

But if you have one or two tickets, the amounts are not only high, but straight up ridiculous.

Ie - about 6 years ago, I had 1 accident, and two speeding tickets. For my Hayabusa, they wanted about $14,800 or so for 1 year's premium. The bike was worth maybe $8k.

But, don't take my word for it. Call SF, and have them quote you for the bike AND the car together. And then call anyone else to have them quote you for the same on one policy.

Btw, I do believe that USAA is insuring bikes again. But they sub-underrwrite w/ Progressive, I think.

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
About 400 a year, full coverage, 05 R1, been with them a long time, have house and cars with them as well so that makes everything lower.

yellowbra

Established Member
If you have a clean record, you may get a decent quote. I have heard only nightmares about claims however.

But if you have one or two tickets, the amounts are not only high, but straight up ridiculous.

Ie - about 6 years ago, I had 1 accident, and two speeding tickets. For my Hayabusa, they wanted about $14,800 or so for 1 year's premium. The bike was worth maybe $8k.

But, don't take my word for it. Call SF, and have them quote you for the bike AND the car together. And then call anyone else to have them quote you for the same on one policy.

Btw, I do believe that USAA is insuring bikes again. But they sub-underrwrite w/ Progressive, I think.
oh ok. I see its accidents/tickets with a BIKE that made it that way. I have progressive for my home owners insurance and all 3 of my cars. It is by far the cheapest I've paid and I have a terrible driving record. 1 accident 6 speeding tickets 1 DUI 1 racing ticket and 1 turning without a signal(bullshit city had to ticket me for something). I only have liability on my civic(I got it for free) and full coverage on both my other cars. So for all 3 of those vehicals I only pay $1500 a year but, i'm sure motorcycles are differently insured or something. I have a perfect motorcycles record though.
carry on

snakebite6

Established Member
I have progressive and it is 100 bucks a month on an 03 zx6r. That is just liability

Quik Z06

Established Member
I have progressive and it is 100 bucks a month on an 03 zx6r. That is just liability

That is way too high, $1200 a year for liability only? A couple years back when I first got my 929 and R1, I had liability on both and it was like $350/year.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
That is way too high, $1200 a year for liability only? A couple years back when I first got my 929 and R1, I had liability on both and it was like $350/year.

I was going to say, I was paying a bit more than that for full coverage from progressive.

PC PaiN

Established Member
Called state farm today and they want 2400 a year and they said I can't get motorcycle insurance from them unless I move my vehicles over.

The woman told me it's so high because I'm not 25 and I have a speeding ticket from 2007 on my record.

mifordman

Established Member
i have an 09 buell 1125cr i pay $335 a year with state farm, clean driving record for 6 yrs now.

03CobraBro

Established Member
So I guess I should ask what the best insurance would be for a person with a couple of tickets on his record for motorcycle insurance? I was paying about 44 a month through progressive with a few infractions. That was all before I turned 27 (supposedly premiums drop after that) (28 this month)

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Statefarm here, around $400/yr full coverage for me @ 24. I have my house, truck, car and life insurance through them also.

blackvenom97

Established Member
statefarm here 22yrs old 1 exhibition ticket on record 05 r1- 76/mnth full coverage also have cars and house though them:shrug:

03CobraBro

Established Member
I went ahead and called state farm. I have renters insurance through them. With 2 tickets on my record they offered me full coverage with a 500 dollar deductible for only 38 per month. Sold!

That's 5 dollars less than what I paid through progressive with liability only.

Users who are viewing this thread