Mounting Gopro

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
I got a gopro and I've been playing around with where to mount it. Right now I'm using the suction cup mount to the windshield, but obviously this limits the peripheral.

Any tips on good locations/ways to mount these?

Thanks

acrbill

Established Member
This works well.

dg3.jpg

Here is the end result.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQhiaOp1-KA"]Deals Gap 8/10/2011 - YouTube[/nomedia]

I find that having the hood in the shot makes the video easier to watch.

I also tether it to the wiper arm with some yarn just in case.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Interesting...

Haven't tried external yet, may have to give that a shot.

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
this is why i love the glass roof, i can literally suction cup it anywhere.
Brushless Car Wash | GoPro | Glass Roof - YouTube

But if you don't have the glass roof - suctioning it to the drivers side rear quarter window so it gets a shot right above your seat belt (works depending on the size of your head), and also the passenger side window is an awesome spot if you have no passenger.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
when i shot my exhaust vid i stuck it to the license plate lol. I was worried about the damn thing falling off the whole time! but that suction cup is pretty strong. i agree that its a smart idea to take some yarn or string of some sort to use as a safety back up!

here is my youtube channel. the drag vids are mounted on the windshield and the MX vids are mounted right under the visor. there is one vid (the oldest ones on there for MX) where i wad it up pretty good at the end thats worth a laugh at one point before i hit the deck im still holding on to the bike even though im completely off to the side.

2009YFZR's Channel - YouTube

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
when i shot my exhaust vid i stuck it to the license plate lol. I was worried about the damn thing falling off the whole time! but that suction cup is pretty strong. i agree that its a smart idea to take some yarn or string of some sort to use as a safety back up!

Cool exhaust video, I'm gonna have to give that a shot, I'll probably tether it though sure don't want it to fall off!

mach1won

Established Member
I stuck mine right under the fuel door the other day and took it up to 140 to see how well the suction cup worked... It stayed solid the whole time. More than impressed with this product!

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Maybe I should just get a second one and stick one on both rear fenders!

Users who are viewing this thread