Movie Recommendation - GREYHOUND 2020 - Tom Hanks Film

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i really liked it, while also thinking holy shit i couldn't imagine being put in that position

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One of the best war movies I've seen. Suspense-filled and non-stop action. Greyhound listing to avoid the torpedo at the end was stellar. GREAT movie.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I did the Apple TV+ trial week deal only to watch Greyhound again. I loved it as much the second time. IMO a GREAT wartime movie. Tom Hanks doesn't impress me with his political views, but he's one hell of an actor.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I did the Apple TV+ trial week deal only to watch Greyhound again. I loved it as much the second time. IMO a GREAT wartime movie. Tom Hanks doesn't impress me with his political views, but he's one hell of an actor.

He struck me as a bit on the old side to be playing a destroyer captain in WW2. I really liked hearing all the helm commands with no explanation for the viewer. Made it all much more real.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Old side? LOL. Captains of a destroyer back then would be at a minimum, 20 years younger than Hank's age, 64. That said, his age (for me) in no way detracted from the realism of the film. I was 100% immersed into it from start to end.

For anyone interested, here is a great discussion with naval historians Craig Symonds and Thomas Cutler, Proceedings Editor-in-Chief Bill Hamblet and Aaron Schneider, director of the film. SO much went into creating the realism, even with the CGI stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread