Movies/clips of the new '03 Bassani system on vert

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
See this post for text description;

http://www.forums.svtperformance.com/showthread.php?threadid=17467

Click the green link in the sig for MOVIES

Note: I did put in the baffles when I got home. Took maybe 5 minutes because I took the time to put the factory supplied anti-sieze on the baffle flanges.
The sound is now perfect, drone is all but eliminated (10 times better than with them out, fakesnake was right on!), all the wonderful gurgles, crackles and volume level is still there. On high revs now the harsh tin-ny sound is blended into the roar better. The only thing I will consider is adding the mid-length headers when they become available.

These are throaty kinda like Heather Graham is pretty.
These are throaty kinda like Bill Gates is rich.
These are throaty kinda like Osama Bin Laden is a bad guy.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by postban
See this post for text description;

http://www.forums.svtperformance.com/showthread.php?threadid=17467

Click the green link in the sig for MOVIES

Note: I did put in the baffles when I got home. Took maybe 5 minutes because I took the time to put the factory supplied anti-sieze on the baffle flanges.
The sound is now perfect, drone is all but eliminated (10 times better than with them out, fakesnake was right on!), all the wonderful gurgles, crackles and volume level is still there. On high revs now the harsh tin-ny sound is blended into the roar better. The only thing I will consider is adding the mid-length headers when they become available.

These are throaty kinda like Heather Graham is pretty.
These are throaty kinda like Bill Gates is rich.
These are throaty kinda like Osama Bin Laden is a bad guy.

AWESOME, Love the little crackle note, sounds BAD *SS

03DOHC

Established Member
Dude, that's hella sweet!

Is it loud just driving down the freeway or only when you nail it?

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
After the baffles being put back in it is mild on the freeway. There was bothersome drone before, it is gone now in the higher gears and 99.9% gone in 1-2-3. I guess car speed and road noise are the abatement factors in 4-5-6.

Last edited:

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
After the baffles being put back in it is mild on the freeway. There was bothersome drone before, it is gone now in the higher gears and 99.9% gone in 1-2-3. I guess car speed and road noise are the abatement factors in 4-5-6.

Can we possibly hear it with the baffles in??

I may have made a mistake by not purchasing the whole system during the GP.

:coolman:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by T3 Cobra

Can we possibly hear it with the baffles in??

I may have made a mistake by not purchasing the whole system during the GP.

:coolman:

I won't have access to the camera again till Monday but will try to get a "baffles in" series then.

There is always a way to make another GP. All you need is $5K in orders IIRC.
Give Jr and Christy a call at www.fullthrottleperformance.com , maybe they would consider another go-round.
This has to be the highest concentration of '03 guys on the net, maybe there are four more guys who will step up with you and get the pipes.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
I get a message saying that the video is not available and to try back again later. I can't wait to hear it... I get my x - pipe and cat back installed on Saturday.

I think I'll have them install it with the baffles out. Depending on how it sounds after I drive it, I may put them back in. Is it pretty easy to install the baffles?

Also, I'm assuming that you have the cats on? I'm wondering how difficult it would be to swap out the cats. Any idea?

Thanks, and I can't wait to listen to you video clip!

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Originally posted by ygohome
I get a message saying that the video is not available and to try back again later.

I figured it out. MAN! That is cool sounding! I can't wait for Saturday to get here.

eddy z

Established Member
postban--AWESOME!!! vids and sounds.. the set up truly woke the beast up. That sound is so tough.. Thank you for sharing all of this info, vids, and sounds. Very helpful..

Did you install those MIL's as well??

After hearing this, looks like I will have to get the cat back as well. I ordered in the GP the X pipe with cats.

On your vids. I forgot, did you have cats on or off??

Also, in your opinion, what were the power gains you noticed??

thanks again...

03DOHC

Established Member

I won't have access to the camera again till Monday but will try to get a "baffles in" series then.

There is always a way to make another GP. All you need is $5K in orders IIRC.
Give Jr and Christy a call at www.fullthrottleperformance.com , maybe they would consider another go-round.
This has to be the highest concentration of '03 guys on the net, maybe there are four more guys who will step up with you and get the pipes.
I wasn't going to pay that amount for the Bassani stuff, but after hearing your car I want mine to sound like that! The "crackle" sounds bad!

NC Cobra

Established Member
If I drove my 03 through my neiborhood with this set up I would have a mob gathering with torches soon after dark - but it would be worth it! Great sound...

Hey YGOHOME try this to play the video.. Choose "Play this Video" under the bumper graphic....On the second screen DO NOT choose "Play the Video".... Instead choose "Download this video in its original format" I got the same message you did untill I did this.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by eddy z
postban--AWESOME!!! vids and sounds.. the set up truly woke the beast up. That sound is so tough.. Thank you for sharing all of this info, vids, and sounds. Very helpful..

Did you install those MIL's as well??

After hearing this, looks like I will have to get the cat back as well. I ordered in the GP the X pipe with cats.

On your vids. I forgot, did you have cats on or off??

Also, in your opinion, what were the power gains you noticed??

thanks again...

Nope on installing the MIL's.

Cats are on, something tells me it is the right thing to do, screw the extra ponies, that is what chips and pullies are for. I guess I am a bit of a conservationist. Just want to make sure the environment is clean and prosperous for all the wild animals, so there are plenty left to kill and eat when it gets to open season

:gt: :lol: :gt:

SWAG says 20-25 HP and the car is noticeable quicker to rev and react to gas pedal.

(Scientific Wild A$$ed Guess)

Also it is only loud when you want it to be. I have 80+yr old widows living across the street and on both sides of my house. That and plenty of other grumpy fossils that don't need to be irked. I tip-toe it into the neighborhood at 1500 rpm and you would ever know what kind of rip-snorting potential lies beneath the pretty blue paint. Of course when I hit the main road it is 4500 rpm 1st and 2nd (with optional bark factor) then a slow gurgling and crackling up to the light a few blocks down. Resonates off the business fronts at 0530 so wonderfully I have to suppress glee. And let me tell you about going under bridges, positively devilish to be able to share this level of reverberation with all my co-commuters.

Last edited:

eddy z

Established Member
postban--thanks for the feedback on my Q's... X pipe with cats to be installed as soon as they arrive, with no MIL's... Cat backs to follow..

Users who are viewing this thread