Moving to seattle

M.O.E

Screw head
Established Member
In september I'll be living in frist hill. already got the apt. I got my two brothers that live there. I hear parking is an issue at the place im moving to.. gotta park in the street :nonono: So i think i'll put my L in storage. And keep my crx for DD duty.

I really need to find a tuner when i get up there for the lightning. so if anyone can tell me where to go that would be awesome!
Also i want to have my cars shiped up there. I called a few place's but man its so expensive!! $900 for the L, $800 for the crx, $800 for my Raptor!! Thats $2500 bucks. does this sound right?
Does anyone have any experience on shiping vehicles?
And if anyone lives out there chime in and tell me about it :beer:

Thanks.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
In september I'll be living in frist hill. already got the apt. I got my two brothers that live there. I hear parking is an issue at the place im moving to.. gotta park in the street :nonono: So i think i'll put my L in storage. And keep my crx for DD duty.

I really need to find a tuner when i get up there for the lightning. so if anyone can tell me where to go that would be awesome!
Also i want to have my cars shiped up there. I called a few place's but man its so expensive!! $900 for the L, $800 for the crx, $800 for my Raptor!! Thats $2500 bucks. does this sound right?
Does anyone have any experience on shiping vehicles?
And if anyone lives out there chime in and tell me about it :beer:

Thanks.
Throw the Raptor in the bed of the L and tow the CRX behind.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I live in North Bend and work in Downtown Seattle. Parking is a bitch. I don't drive in to work. Where are you moving from?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I've been told by guys on here that there is a guy in Maple Valley which is about a half hour out of Seattle that tunes out of his garage, and is supposedly one of the best in the area for SVTs using SCT tuners.

I'll probably be getting my car tuned by James at Blood Inc. The guys on the board haven't had too many good things to say about them, but Blood is a friend of our shop and I can probably get a good deal on it. Plus Blood is the one who tunes the SSC Ultimate Aero cars so they have to be pretty good I'm guessing. They are located in Kent which is about 20-30 min out of downtown Seattle.

I feel ya on the parking situation though. I have a lot of friends that live in Seattle and I always had to park on the street. Never had any problems, but I hated always worrying about it.

Good luck on the move!

M.O.E

Screw head
Established Member
The raptor wont fit in the bed. the bed is not wide enough. I'm moving from new mexico. I really didn't want to put that kinda of miles on my L. But if i have to i will. Maybe if I took the tires off the raptor it would fit?

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
No. I hate it here. I want out as soon as possible. I can't beleive you like it.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You live in northbend that says it all.

+1

A couple of friends and I stopped at the Burger King there on the way to Cle Elum. I actually think I got a little dumber interacting with the rejects that worked there.

I understand why you hate it now.:lol1:

Qwk GT

Established Member
I moved here from Dallas a couple years back. No major complaints, except gas is a lot more expensive and the roads here suck. Maybe I don't know any good cruising spots, but from what I've seen around, its not that great. In TX, there were a lot of good 4 lane roads (plano), no potholes or road debris everywhere. (damn rock chips)

As far as performance shops go, I bought my S-trim from Brads Custom Auto, and been to Bloods dyno. Both seem to good shops, although they are kind of expensive. The only place I know of to get tunes is Blood, Blue Oval Performance?, and I think theres one called the horsepower shop/store?

Anyone know of a good tuner besides Blood? They seem to be the biggest and most known shop for their tuning abilities, but I have also heard some of the same "I heard they weren't that good" w/out hearing the actual stories, so I don't know about them yet. When I went to use their dyno, all I did was check a/f, no tuning. (for the 95)

As far as the towing, I got my 95 towed from TX, and it cost around 950, but it wasn't enclosed or anything.

Last edited:

Svets96

Established Member
Seattle Sound FTW :rockon: Theres always pros and cons when trying to find some where else to live.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
The raptor wont fit in the bed. the bed is not wide enough. I'm moving from new mexico. I really didn't want to put that kinda of miles on my L. But if i have to i will. Maybe if I took the tires off the raptor it would fit?

Do you have extended A-Arms on it or something or is it the fender humps in the back whats s ewin it up? But if its just the back wheels are to wide then unbolt um and thow it back there, just be sure to strap it down real well or youll end up ruining your hubs and hubs arent exactly cheap lol, but im surprised it wont fit, i have a friend who hauled a BAJA600 in the back of his lightning and those things are HUGE! You set on it and it feels like your riding a chopper everything so spaced out lol!

Users who are viewing this thread