Mpg

MustangMan0065

Established Member
Hey guys,

I've been randomly browsing and see that people aren't getting above like 28 mpg in these things.

I just wanna throw out there that I drive mainly highway, some city and get 30 pretty consistent.

I just went on a trip all highway and got 32.2 cruising at 70mph with the a/c on.

The lowest I've seen since I got it has been like 25.

oh and my mods are:

K&N filter and Trubends 2 1/4in with borla muffler exhaust

Where does everyone else stand??

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I drive mine every day. mostly highway and get 30 - 31 consistantly, and some times 32 mpg.
stock exhaust and a k&n drop in filter.

cjwhitaker07

i just recently moved to new york and on the way there, loaded down with everything i own in the back(love my hatch), i got 34 MPG average. all i have done is the short ram intake from spectre which is only the filter clamped onto the stock intake hose. i just took out the stock filter box and clamped the filter right to the stock hose. filter was only 20 bucks works GREAT and sounds sweet too.

jvert

Established Member
I do high way and some city driving and I get anywhere from 28-32mpg. Love driving my svtf.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Depends on lots of things including speed (obviously) terrain (big hills) and such.

Between home and Road America on the freeway with the cruise set at 80-85 I get 27.5 and I've gotten that same mileage on that trip twice a year for as long as I've had the car.

Around town I average in the mid 20s, I don't beat on it, I don't baby it, I just drive it.

Best I ever got (that I know of) was 31 on one tank.

I honestly don't care about mileage and rarely track mileage, I bought the car because it's fun to drive not for economy.

I have an ORP and a custom tune and the car runs like a top. :)

-Steve

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I'm at the other end I guess.

I have a 50 mile round-trip commute. 25 miles in the early morning with an empty interstate where I set the cruise at 65, and the afternoon return in either heavy, fast moving traffic or sometimes stop & go, on the same interstate.

I've only checked once since I got my Focus a couple months ago, but it was only 23.5 MPG. The only engine mod is a Steeda intake, which I thought might help a bit (it did on my wife's 2005 ZX3). :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread