MRT Catted H pipe & Borla Stingers

thexman10

Established Member
First I want to see if anyone has a sound clip or video of this combo they could e-mail to me ( [email protected] ). I searched first but couldn't find a working link. Secondly I've read about the fitment issue with the flanges on the stinger needing some modifications to work with the MRT H. Is this on all applications or just luck of the draw? I planned on putting this on myself, but if it isn't going to bolt right up I'll take it and have it installed somewhere. Thanks in advance....

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
There is someone on thos board that lives in Hawaii and has a video. I also heard about the modification that has to be made to make it fit correctly. I would like to know the details as well.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I have the Steeda Cat-Back, any issue with the MRT fitment with others besides the stingers?

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
I just bolted mine up to the stingers today. It fit perfect. Just get some extra washers for the bolts cause their kinda long. I put three on each bolt, used a rod to hold up the H as the instructions state, and tightened the bolts. Fits perfect and sounds so freakin sweet:rockon:
:beer:
Scott

thexman10

Established Member
I'm glad to hear that yours bolted up with no issues, hope mine go on that easy. Makes me wonder why some others had issues.

lwantSonicBlue

Originally posted by VENOMOUS 10TH
I just bolted mine up to the stingers today. It fit perfect. Just get some extra washers for the bolts cause their kinda long. I put three on each bolt, used a rod to hold up the H as the instructions state, and tightened the bolts. Fits perfect and sounds so freakin sweet:rockon:
Scott

Same thing happened with me and the washers but no problems just make sure everything is tight.

thexman10

Established Member
I hope this combo sounds good..............I'm waiting on mine to come in. I'll let you know what I think of it after the install. I really would like to hear a sound clip or see a video of someone with it.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Are you ordering from NINO? If yours sounds good then I'll order :) let me know. I'm off to dallas again today to give the ported apten its last attept.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
damn it, did you get the catted H? I guess that is what I will do. When does he have to have our orders by?

thexman10

Established Member
Last edited:

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
My car still sounds like a glass-packed truck at WOT:cuss:
I floored it on the way to work today next to a semi truck and damn near yakked on myself it sounded so horrible:xpl:
I have had the Prochamber and now the MRT catted H with the stingers and it still has the sound.
Anyone have any suggestions to eliminate the glass-pack sound at initial WOT! I wonder if headers would help any?
I have heard the X goes with straight through and H goes with chambered but I had a bassani x with some flows and it sounded damn good. I hate to get rid of the stingers but I do not want to drive around half throttle cause my Cobra sounds like Bigfoot:cryying:
:shrug:
Scott

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by VENOMOUS 10TH
My car still sounds like a glass-packed truck at WOT:cuss:
I floored it on the way to work today next to a semi truck and damn near yakked on myself it sounded so horrible:xpl:
I have had the Prochamber and now the MRT catted H with the stingers and it still has the sound.
Anyone have any suggestions to eliminate the glass-pack sound at initial WOT! I wonder if headers would help any?
I have heard the X goes with straight through and H goes with chambered but I had a bassani x with some flows and it sounded damn good. I hate to get rid of the stingers but I do not want to drive around half throttle cause my Cobra sounds like Bigfoot:cryying:
:shrug:
Scott

Why not go back to flows. Keep the SS piping and swap out the mufflers for a chambered version. I myself would not mind hearing a MRT-H and flows setup. I imagine that would be awesome. I dont mind the sound of my setup. But, I do believe the Stingers are responsible for the recently developed rattles I have.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
try a o/r x pipe.

the best sounding cobra i've heard imo is magnapacks and a o/r x pipe

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
My bad I had the bassani offroad x with flows on my 94 gt.
I really don't want to cut my stingers up.
I bought a mrt catted H cause most said it sounded sweet, only one complained,about the same sound I am.
It does sound good until WOT.
I would hate to waste money buying an x pipe and it not solve the problem.
I am thinking about just selling the stingers and getting a chambered catback setup with the MRT H.
Thanks for the info guys, any others???
Whats the logic behind the rumor that x goes with straight through mufflers and H's go with chambered? Anyone?
Just trying to get my Cobra to sound like a mustang again:shrug:
Scott

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Flowmaster catback and MRT PIpe with no cats here... No glasspack sound... Just cant go wrong with a nice set of flows :)

Users who are viewing this thread