MRT Catted H pipe & Borla Stingers

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
For some reason my prehistoric computer will not let me hear the sound clips.
It has a glasspack like sound at initial WOT. I hate it so something has to go.
What is the best flowmaster set-up to get and what do they cost?
Also if I just went with a X-pipe which do you think would sound better and has anyone with an x and stingers have the glass-pack sound?
:??:
Scott

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
Scott, I don't understand, you previously said that the sound of the Stinger wiuth the catted MRT sounded sweet, and noit you don't like it. I am confused??

just bolted mine up to the stingers today. It fit perfect. Just get some extra washers for the bolts cause their kinda long. I put three on each bolt, used a rod to hold up the H as the instructions state, and tightened the bolts. Fits perfect and sounds so freakin sweet

Scott

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
I was one of the first to post that stingers with mrt sounds like ass, guess what happen to me, i was bashed for it.
Now i see it every week it seems, "stingers with mrt h sucks!!!!"
All i have to say about this subject is......i told you so.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
Brasil- When I first installed it I cruised around and didn't floor it at all. I thought all was good til later on that week when I floored it next to a semi so I could hear it echo real good. Thats when I heard the glass pack sound again. I like everything about the sound at idle and cruising but I personally hate the initial WOT. After 3-5 seconds it goes away but I just can't take it anymore. No way am I bashing either products, they are both quality pieces but I am just trying to let others know before they buy that if you don't like the initial glasspack sound, do not get this set-up. IMO, if you have the stinger catback, keep the stock H on. I think I will sell the stingers and get some flows. Hopefully this will fix my truck, I mean Mustang:)
Scott

lucafu1

Established Member
i get nothing but thumbs up on my stinger, mrt combo.
i used to have the bassani x, now that sounds like ass

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
It's the straight-through exhaust. Stingers, Magnaflow, etc with the MRT-H that makes the sound. A chambered muffler won't do it. I've got a catted MRT and I get a slight hint of the sound described under WOT, and it is kinda annoying, but doesn't last but a second or two and only does it under WOT. I considered switching to Flowmaster, but I followed my wife in her Explorer and had her drive my car and I liked it under all conditions. Best sounding Cobra I've heard in person. I will NOT be switching anything. I get 100 X's more compliments on this car's exhaust compared to the Pro-chamber/Flowmaster combo I had on my '01 GT.

A guy I work with drove his Harley too work Thursday and I passed him on the highway. He told me it sounded different than any Mustang he's heard. Not super-deep and rumbly like most 5.0's around here w/ headers, O/R H and Flows, and not like a Nascar either(assuming he meant an X-piped Mustang). He said it was kinda like a combo of the two. Exactly what I wanted to hear.

ON EDIT: He also said he heard me coming and heard me for quite a while as I pulled away. And he rides a loud-ass Harley. :-D

Last edited:

lucafu1

Established Member
i get nothing but thumbs up on my stinger, mrt combo.
i used to have the bassani x, now that sounds like ass

Users who are viewing this thread