MRT Off Road Exhaust and Revan Racing Shifter bushings review

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, awesome review with vids as usual just like you did with the NT05R install.

BTW--what air pressure are you running with those tires and stock wheels? I've had them on 11" Alcoas and ran 26-28 around town and just installed them on stock base 9.5" wheels yesterday and wanted a suggestion for even wear, sway, etc.

Also, for guys having some grind, I just swapped to Amsoil ATF and while I've never had any grind, I did have a little 'snick' doing the 1-2 just leaving my neighborhood when the car was cold. That went away with the Amsoil and it does seem to shift easier too.
So, if you like the stock shifter, the Revan KR bushing kit and Amsoil ATF sounds like a good suggestion.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
BTW, I'm going to borrow the Go Pro I just bought my brother for his B-day to take to the track.
Any suggestion for mounting on the rear like that?
I want to get some track and street driving with the full SW exhaust for you guys.
-J

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I usually do the positions that you saw...mount on the interior on the passenger side window and point the go pro towards the hood. For the rear, above the passenger side exhaust should be a good spot to mount and point it out towards the street. This one will get you the best exhaust note as you do not get any wind interference as the pipes are right underneath.

paluka21

Established Member
Nice writeup.
Since Ford failed to find a fix to the 1-2 gear grind, and recommended sending people who have this grind to high performance driving school to learn how to drive these cars ( directly from a Ford engineers mouth when I called SVT to complain about this issue ), I will be going to the aftermarket to fix this problem and have my local Ford dealer doe the install since I do not have access to a lift.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice writeup.
Since Ford failed to find a fix to the 1-2 gear grind, and recommended sending people who have this grind to high performance driving school to learn how to drive these cars ( directly from a Ford engineers mouth when I called SVT to complain about this issue ), I will be going to the aftermarket to fix this problem and have my local Ford dealer doe the install since I do not have access to a lift.

If you're doing the Revan complete KR bushing kit, do the quality ATF at the same time.
If that doesn't do it, call Roy Hill :poke: j/k bro :beer:
-J

paluka21

Established Member
If you're doing the Revan complete KR bushing kit, do the quality ATF at the same time.
If that doesn't do it, call Roy Hill :poke: j/k bro :beer:
-J

I prefer Bob Bondurant myself ;-)

But, agreed, I will probably look into the fluid change at the same time. My local Ford dealer is aware and willing to work with me and other owners to get this resolved. Matter of fact, the service manager was embarrassed by the behavior of the SVT hotline and the comments they made.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
People that have the bushings done need to hit the dragstrip to see if it really does fix the problem. I had no problem on the street pulling a 1-2 shift quick last year on the street testing before I went to the track for my grudge races and at the track the problem happened for me a few times.

I have the bushings done now (solid ones installed over the winter and the KR rear bushing installed the other day). I plan to hit the dragstrip next weekend to see if it does eliminate the 1-2 grind/lockout problem.

Ok what's with the issue of these OR pipes now causing the exhaust pipes to stick out? Can these manufacturers not make something where it doesn't cause an issue with other stuff?? Things like this bug the crap out of me especially when you gotta fork out quite a bit of money for them. They can easily check a stock catted h pipe and make the off road one exactly the same so the exhaust pipes stay exactly where they should be.

bklynpanman

Established Member
People that have the bushings done need to hit the dragstrip to see if it really does fix the problem. I had no problem on the street pulling a 1-2 shift quick last year on the street testing before I went to the track for my grudge races and at the track the problem happened for me a few times.

I have the bushings done now (solid ones installed over the winter and the KR rear bushing installed the other day). I plan to hit the dragstrip next weekend to see if it does eliminate the 1-2 grind/lockout problem.

Ok what's with the issue of these OR pipes now causing the exhaust pipes to stick out? Can these manufacturers not make something where it doesn't cause an issue with other stuff?? Things like this bug the crap out of me especially when you gotta fork out quite a bit of money for them. They can easily check a stock catted h pipe and make the off road one exactly the same so the exhaust pipes stay exactly where they should be.

I second your last paragraph !

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Has anyone with the MRT mid-pipe contacted them about the length difference? Scott is a good guy and may not be aware they are shipping this way.

Tom

Silver_Bullet

Established Member

Agreed. Shitty QC if they can't make something as simple as a h-pipe that fits

world.of.wheels

Established Member
I know this is an old post, however I am considering this same off road H pipe for my 2013 GT500 Convertible. Couple of questions / concerns:
1. Are there any smells that you can associate with this pipe and is it annoying (fuel smell being there are not cats)? If so are they strong enough that it can make your clothes smell as well?
2. Did you ever figure out adjustments so the dual pipes don't protrude another 1" or so? I have read there is an adjustment when connecting that can be made without having an exhaust shop custom cut them.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread