MSD 2 step questions

Joseph Land

Established Member
I have a '16 auto GT and will be installing a trans brake and a 2 step but was wondering if someone has the wiring diagram for wiring a 11-14 gt 2 step box.

Currently MSD does not offer a box for 15-17 models unless i just can't find it.

thanks,

Joseph Land

Established Member
I had one guy on Facebook say the wiring is different on S550's and posted his wires but it's for a manual.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
i have one on my 2015 the same msd works on all 11-17 coyotes....wiring may be different yes you will have to figure that out. my body who is good with wiring did mine...mine is wired into the brake light and i have an on/off arming switch....i arm it i hit the brake floor the gas and just let go of the brake and seee yahhh. the one thing i have notice this way though is there is a slight delay between the moment you let go of the brake and the 2 step releases...i have this little delay narrowed down to the travel in the pedal. the amount of time it take the pedal to travel when you let it go to when the brake light is no longer triggered....take a bit of getting used to but its still great....ive seen other put it on a momentary button and hold it in there hand...hit the button the brake and the gas let go of the button and the brake and see yaah...lol

joedrt73

Established Member
i have one on my 2015 the same msd works on all 11-17 coyotes....wiring may be different yes you will have to figure that out. my body who is good with wiring did mine...mine is wired into the brake light and i have an on/off arming switch....i arm it i hit the brake floor the gas and just let go of the brake and seee yahhh. the one thing i have notice this way though is there is a slight delay between the moment you let go of the brake and the 2 step releases...i have this little delay narrowed down to the travel in the pedal. the amount of time it take the pedal to travel when you let it go to when the brake light is no longer triggered....take a bit of getting used to but its still great....ive seen other put it on a momentary button and hold it in there hand...hit the button the brake and the gas let go of the button and the brake and see yaah...lol

i plan on using a trans brake as well with the 2 step so i thought of using one button for both but i've not seen anyone using that combo. i like the brake option though. thanks sir.

Joseph Land

Established Member
Can someone post their ideas for trans brake and 2-step button configuration? This is on a '16 GT

Users who are viewing this thread