MT-82 Whine

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Yep, its still an MT-82. My car has had it since test driving but I wasnt sure what it was at first. Now I can tell its definitely transmission whine. Its not bad but its definitely there. I sure wish Ford would have tossed this thing with the new models. There is no fix right?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Amsoil fixed mine. It sounded like a centrifugal blower before because it was so loud. Totally quiet now.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Amsoil does help but when you start adding power the tranny will start singing again! I wonder if the current tremec magnum xl will fit the 2015!

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Why not just get Rev Auto to build it for $900 for stage 1? I don't understand why that option is dismissed so much when it's gotten rave reviews. You get to keep everything like stock that way too instead of troubleshooting a tremec swap. It's a much cheaper option as well.

Deranged2013

Established Member
Curious about Rev 's MT-82 upgrade as well. The manual is fun to drive but was thinking auto this round because of the Mt-82 problems we had in the past. If Adam has MT--82 magic, I will have to do an m6 again.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I didn't, but overfill it by a quart is something I've heard. I'm going to do that next time.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
3 qt's of Amsoil MTF and a bottle of XL-18 ordered. Now next week I just gotta figure out the best jack points on this car.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
So I made the swap to Amsoil MTF with the XL-18 additive. In just the 10 miles or so I've driven it I can tell it shifts better but I dont think it silenced the MT82 much, maybe a little.

Users who are viewing this thread