MT82 Internals

dbrford2003

Established Member
Does anyone know if you can buy internal parts for the MT82 from Ford? Things like bearings, gear sets etc? Mine has a terrible whine, can be heard from outside the car and warranty is not an option. Thought I would pull it out of the car and see what is wrong internally.

Thanks

ultrajetboat

Established Member
I would also like to know, or if anyone has put together a stronger rebuild kit or dissected one to find out exactly why they suck so much. I performance rebuild would be cheaper than a T-56 swap.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Adam at Revolution Auto in MD builds them up pretty strong. I had to have mine rebuilt under warranty and have a full parts list if you need it, just PM me your email addy.

dbrford2003

Established Member
Adam at Revolution Auto in MD builds them up pretty strong. I had to have mine rebuilt under warranty and have a full parts list if you need it, just PM me your email addy.

PM sent, thanks!

Wondering if the rebuild parts from Ford are internal only. Will have to look into Revolution, just not sure it would be worth shipping etc...

dbrford2003

Established Member
In before Henry Telling you all you can't drive! :)

I will watch out for that.

Mine shifts fine and functions fine, one of the best manuals I have drove. Issue is it sounds like a turbine engine 1-4. Not sure how bad driving caused that but who knows, I did get it on it pretty hard the day I installed my Roush. Pretty certain whatever happened was directly related to the SC and my driving it hard, didn't shift like a noob though, lol. You have to pay to play, it is what it is.

Deespeed99

Established Member
How much does this run?

Give him a call. I dont want to quote the wrong price or leave any information out but it will save you over half of what a T56 swap will. I dont know if im allowed to post #'s up here so just google revolution automotive in Maryland, it'll pop up.

mms_bitchstang

I will watch out for that.

Mine shifts fine and functions fine, one of the best manuals I have drove. Issue is it sounds like a turbine engine 1-4. Not sure how bad driving caused that but who knows, I did get it on it pretty hard the day I installed my Roush. Pretty certain whatever happened was directly related to the SC and my driving it hard, didn't shift like a noob though, lol. You have to pay to play, it is what it is.

My first mt82 had started chewing up 4th gear at 4700 miles. The second trans has just lost 6th gear 20k miles. I'm trying to get a third under warranty. Both my trannies have whined since day one, don't be surprised if there are loads of shavings hiding in your trans right now. Trans Sounds like it has its own supercharger huh? Good luck with it either way man I feel your pain.

u6u6yzaz.jpg

ape5e4yd.jpg

dbrford2003

Established Member
My first mt82 had started chewing up 4th gear at 4700 miles. The second trans has just lost 6th gear 20k miles. I'm trying to get a third under warranty. Both my trannies have whined since day one, don't be surprised if there are loads of shavings hiding in your trans right now. Trans Sounds like it has its own supercharger huh? Good luck with it either way man I feel your pain.

Yep sounds like a supercharger, wish my Roush actually made noise to drown it out.

Have some Amsoil MTG coming, saw some people had some positive results with the whine diminishing running this. I understand the transmission is damaged at this point but hope it at least quiets it down for a bit until I figure out how to proceed. Not sure what route to take, rebuild this one, drive it tell it destroys itself and go magnum xl? Who knows it may last a while, sure shifts good and is smooth overall.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Yep sounds like a supercharger, wish my Roush actually made noise to drown it out.

Have some Amsoil MTG coming, saw some people had some positive results with the whine diminishing running this. I understand the transmission is damaged at this point but hope it at least quiets it down for a bit until I figure out how to proceed. Not sure what route to take, rebuild this one, drive it tell it destroys itself and go magnum xl? Who knows it may last a while, sure shifts good and is smooth overall.

Mine whines a little bit but hasn't gotten any worse and this is my second power adder system on this trans and I run 15" drag radials

1NA RUN

Established Member
Mine whines like a mother, but has held so far with over 700rwhp. I assume it's gonna give real soon but it's held like a champ so far.

dbrford2003

Established Member
Mine whines like a mother, but has held so far with over 700rwhp. I assume it's gonna give real soon but it's held like a champ so far.

That's good to hear, I am no where near that HP. Maybe mine will hold up as well.

dbrford2003

Established Member
omg that car sounded amazing

Awesome car and driver.

I agree, sounds amazing...and loud, that is why you can't hear the transmission screaming....lol. I do think the MT82 overall is a pretty robust transmission but things go wrong with all mass produced items.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
That is for sure a record! I think the previous was leathal with a 10.2. Nice to finally see a mt-82 almost run in the 9's

1NA RUN

Established Member
Nice to see someone finally raise the bar on the MT82. I own the car that holds the previous record for about 2 years with 10.20 at 135. Anyone have more info on the new record holder? Great job to him, congrats!!

Users who are viewing this thread