MT82 to 6R80?

Jenkins

Established Member
I am wanting to change my Boss from a stick to an auto. I talked to racerat and she pointed me in the right direction but i was wandering if they make a performance automatic i could go with instead of the 6R80. Or would the auto hold up to about 700rwhp cause that is where i am taking my car. Thanks.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
You need a Circle D converter and the Greddy Stage 2 upgrade kit for the trans. You'll be good to go for 700+ :beer:

Jenkins

Established Member
Do you know if anyone makes a conversion kit for this or would my best bet be looking for a totaled auto car and pulling its tranny?

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
this is a stand alone system for any car with a coyote.so it will work in our cars. the cross member and driveshaft is the only things im not sure of. im still trying to figure it out.

Jenkins

Established Member
I read in an older thread where a guy detailed his sway from stick to auto that the drive shafts are the same just so you know but thats just what i read.

blkstang302

Established Member
I've been considering that 4r70w conversion kit but don't know anyone who has done it... Does anyone know if everything needed is included in the kit?... Also how difficult would the install be?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Someone on svtp said the tranny out of a raptor is stronger than what comes in the mustang.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
In this video I can't tell if he get into 4th gear or not... I wonder what the top speed with this 4r70w kit would be in each gear with 4.10's? 137mph in 3rd would be insane I'm guessing he was in 4th?

i only heard 2 shifts. 3 rd gear in the 4r70w is 1:1. 4th is overdrive.

Users who are viewing this thread