MT82/TR6060 Swap

AKcobra

Established Member
I am swapping a TR6060 into my 2013. I was wondering if anybody has done this, and might have some wiring diagrams available? I searched but didn't find much useful info. Any help is appreciated.

draxxus131

Established Member
Isn't this still a semi-remote mounted shifter? I have heard of one person doing this recently on another forum, if I find the link I will definitely post it. They had some good luck with their swap, except something went wrong with the TOB. I can't remember off the top of my head atm.

But this really sounds like a good idea overall.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Its still a remote shifter set up, but better then the mt-82 set up. 2010-2012 gt-500 owners often talk about the 2nd gear missed shift problem associated with that tranny. I don't know what your budget is but i recommend you go with the tremec magnum, its better inside and out then any 6060.....

AKcobra

Established Member
Not my car. Swapping in a buddies car and trans is already hung. Just looking to finish up the install. He got a smoking deal on the trans so its worth a shot. Better than the MT-82. MT-82 will be rebuilt for his coyote swapped BMW.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
BUMP. going to be purchasing a TR6060, clutch, and DS soon and want to know what else I need, and what issues I'll run into.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
BUMP. going to be purchasing a TR6060, clutch, and DS soon and want to know what else I need, and what issues I'll run into.

You will need a new trans crossmember, gears (4:10's) , the gears in the trans are longer then mt-82's. i would get a clutch line upgrade, get a a new slave cylinder, don't re use the stock unit.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
the crossmember will come with the trans. how bad will it be if I was to leave my 3.31 rears? the reason i'm swapping is for the longer gears. what what I want. The car is strictly a roll race car, so that's the point.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
the crossmember will come with the trans. how bad will it be if I was to leave my 3.31 rears? the reason i'm swapping is for the longer gears. what what I want. The car is strictly a roll race car, so that's the point.

It will be slower , sluggish to respond especially if you are naturally aspirated! Put it this way 4:10's with a tremec is the same as 3:31's with an mt-82. So imagine 3:31's with a tremec.

Voltwings

Established Member
Are the driveshafts the same length, and are the clutches compatible? I have a buddy who just snagged a TR6060 out of a 2012 GT500 for his 2012 Boss.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
Definitely sounds like a somewhat intricate swap. I've heard we need DS, clutch(due to splines being different) and the trans, plus the speedo box. And even with that, people still have issues with cruise control and speedometers not working...

BlackMamba3

Established Member
I personally would of just had my MT-82 rebuilt and beefed up. Swapping to a T-56 isn't a bad option but you have to run much steeper gears due to the transmission gearing being different from the MT-82. I won't run above a 3.73 myself. I also read an article on another forum about a guy doing a TR-6060 swap. I only remember reading about problems. Mainly electrical ones. Either way, good luck.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
I personally would of just had my MT-82 rebuilt and beefed up. Swapping to a T-56 isn't a bad option but you have to run much steeper gears due to the transmission gearing being different from the MT-82. I won't run above a 3.73 myself. I also read an article on another forum about a guy doing a TR-6060 swap. I only remember reading about problems. Mainly electrical ones. Either way, good luck.

if you go to a TR6060 and refuse to run anything bigger then a 3.73 and make less then 1000-1100 hp it will most likely be a turd

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
going to go with this. I'll be doing a write up, in case anyone is thinking about doing the same, with full pictures. I'll be doing this myself in my garage, so we'll see how it goes.

still hunting for driveshaft, so if anyone knows of a used one for a 13/14 gt500, let me know! I'd like to pick one up from JPC along with the speedo box i'll need, but I'd like to negotiate a deal. we shall see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread