MTS THunderform

Curtis66

SVT Lightning
Established Member
Hello, I'm new to this site. Just got a 2001 lightning and I'm looking to upgrade the sound system. I have 3 8" kicker subs from my old truck and I found some wedge boxes for $30 each. I already have a kicker ZX750.1 amp so I could get bass going for $60.

I fount the MTX thunderform custom box that holds 2 10's, so for a few hundred I can install a custom setup... What I'm wondering is if I would loose any leg room with the MTX setup? I am 6'1" and like the seat all the way back when I drive. Does anyone have the MTX setup? How do you like it, and how much leg room do you loose with it installed. Any guidance would be greatly Appreciated.

zman8484

Established Member
I have the MTX setup in my 2000 L. I have zero issues with leg room and I'm 5'11''. The seat still has plenty of room to go back. I think it might even go all the way back with the MTX box back there. I can double check when I get home.

Curtis66

SVT Lightning
Established Member
Awesome! If it goes all the way back I'm in. Would greatly appreciate you checking. How do you like it? What subs are you using ?

zman8484

Established Member
I will check for you when I get home. As far as the subs I believe they are just the standard 10" that came in the box. The gentleman that had the truck before had it installed with a new Kenwood deck, replaced all the standard speakers with Kenwoods with 2 amps, 1 running the subs and the other running the regular speakers. I think it sounds great though. Nothing that shakes the crap out of you but good clean sound with good deep bass.

zman8484

Established Member
Sorry for the delay but yes my seat does go all the way back and still has a decent amount of recline. I think they designed this box perfect for this truck as far as fit and usability of the seat.

Curtis66

SVT Lightning
Established Member
Thanks Z! No worries on the delay. I appreciate you checking it out for me. TIme to hook up the MTX

Users who are viewing this thread