Mudflap modifications

cobra12003

Established Member
I bought mudflaps from dealer which come in all black including pony,
So I highlighted pony. (with a real small brush & white rubber paint)

DSCF0062.gif

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Mudflaps on a mustang = :xpl: . But the highlighting looks good..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not a big fan of mudflaps, but.......
1. They DO protect the paint from road debris
2. The white pony look pretty cool

You obviously like them, and for the above reasons I give em a thumbs up. By the way, if you later ever decide that you don't like the mudflaps, you could get some 3M protective film for the paint area below the door sill. You may or may not want to repaint the area first before using the film.

SpectorV

Established Member
i would rather repaint the rear bumper every X amount of time than put mudd flaps on it. But thats just my opinion. The side scoops get hammered on mine as well.

mtb01

Established Member
I was on a poker run with some other cobras, and two had mud flaps but they were just clamped on. Good idea for a long trip.

vipergts281

Established Member
airmanb2b said:
Anyone remore the side scoops? Are they bolted or just taped on?
They are held on by clips. Get a good firm grip on them and give them a good tug. They should pop off. Once you get one off, the other one should be easier since you will now know what you are dealing with.

blue88mustang

Established Member
I am honestly not trying to be a smartass, but you might want to touch up the other "front leg" of the Mustang with white paint. Right now you have some 3 legged ponies on your mudflaps.

FWIW, I pulled the flaps off my 88 vert and have them sitting in my garage. I am not a huge fan of the flaps, but I commend you for your effort in trying to keep the paint protected from rock chips, road paint, etc.

cobra12003

Established Member
blue88mustang said:
I am honestly not trying to be a smartass, but you might want to touch up the other "front leg" of the Mustang with white paint. Right now you have some 3 legged ponies on your mudflaps.

FWIW, I pulled the flaps off my 88 vert and have them sitting in my garage. I am not a huge fan of the flaps, but I commend you for your effort in trying to keep the paint protected from rock chips, road paint, etc.

Not for me to be a smart ass,
FORD QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP PARTS.
Actually it is there it is just lifted up behind other leg while running.
Sort of like if you looked at your car from the side and only see 2 wheels,but their is 4!!

Last edited:

blue88mustang

Established Member
cobra12003 said:
Not for me to be a smart ass,
FORD QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP PARTS.
Actually it is there it is just lifted up behind other leg while running.
Sort of like if you looked at your car from the side and only see 2 wheels,but their is 4!!

Take a closer look and you will see what I am talking about. I can see in your picture the outline for the other front leg, but it is still black. For reference, take a look at the following Mustang emblems and pay close attention to what would be the front right leg of the horse:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-FO...620680885QQcategoryZ42606QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...4584060675QQcategoryZ6755QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...041013424QQcategoryZ33643QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There should be a gap between the front right leg in the bent position and the front left leg in the fully extended (straight) position. It appears that you painted the "gap" instead of the leg.

cobra12003

Established Member
blue88mustang said:
Take a closer look and you will see what I am talking about. I can see in your picture the outline for the other front leg, but it is still black. For reference, take a look at the following Mustang emblems and pay close attention to what would be the front right leg of the horse:
There should be a gap between the front right leg in the bent position and the front left leg in the fully extended (straight) position. It appears that you painted the "gap" instead of the leg.

If you can see this better the horse is raised out above cut out. In that part is no leg and if painted would fill background
I get your point, but if you do not like it move on as you say!
DSCF0069.gif

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
the horse faces the wrong way on a mustang anyway.

some of the early model mustang crowd puts the mudflaps on temporarily with binder clips. clip from the wheel opening lip to the mudflap on the inside. that way you dont have to drill holes through the lip

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
cobra12003 said:
It seems the side scoops get the most sandblasting, does anyone else have that problem?
I never had a problem with sandblasting the side scoops, and I took a number of longer mileage trips. I got minimal sandblasting on the lower sill area. Guess either I was lucky or the paint on my car was exceptional. ;-)

SVT04

Established Member
cobra12003 said:
If you can see this better the horse is raised out above cut out. In that part is no leg and if painted would fill background
I get your point, but if you do not like it move on as you say!
DSCF0069.gif

Suck it up princess !! Admit that you painted a 3 leg horse ! :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread