muffler delete

hurikane85

Established Member
I was thinking of doing a muffler delete with my stock h-pipe (minus the cats) yet retain the factory resonators. Will this be way too loud? As we know videos usually don't do too much justice. I was wondering if anyone was doing this setup.

jbur074

Established Member
i had deletes on my car before i got my catback. its pretty loud but nothing crazy. i had dumps tho and they looked awful with the holes.. really glad i got my catback. however you will have alot of popping on downshift that i dont hear as much of with my catback.

hurikane85

Established Member
i had deletes on my car before i got my catback. its pretty loud but nothing crazy. i had dumps tho and they looked awful with the holes.. really glad i got my catback. however you will have alot of popping on downshift that i dont hear as much of with my catback.

So before your catback you did run a catless setup with deletes? or just deletes with cats and resonators?

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
i would imagine it would probably sound like a tractor...but to each his own. I'd keep the cats if you do a muffler delete.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
These cars without mufflers sound like shit, plain and simple. They have a terrible Rasp and they pop and crackle as well. Keep the stock mufflers or buy a set of Flowmaster american thunder or GT500 mufflers.

scott_0

Established Member
sounds like shit, dont understand why anyone wants to run a street car with muffler deletes

alex12gt

Established Member
Im going to run my at the track with no mufflers but thats only because im not paying $300 for muffler deletes and i can drop a good amout of weight pulling my gt500s off

hurikane85

Established Member
These cars without mufflers sound like shit, plain and simple. They have a terrible Rasp and they pop and crackle as well. Keep the stock mufflers or buy a set of Flowmaster american thunder or GT500 mufflers.

With the stock mufflers the tone improved just barely without the cats, when you pull higher rpms it sounds a little better but not much at all. I might try some flowmasters. On my mach 1 and 03 cobra when the cats came off even with stock muffler it was a huge difference. On these cars you can barely tell.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
i'll just go the flowmaster route and have the resonators removed also... thanks for the input

the flowmasters are pretty loud as is. Try them out before you remove the resonators.

Edit: if you want a great sounding exhaust. do the following. GT500's, stock resonators, 0/r Hpipe, cat delete. Got my buddies car running again last night and OMG it sounds perfect.

Last edited:

hurikane85

Established Member
the flowmasters are pretty loud as is. Try them out before you remove the resonators.

Edit: if you want a great sounding exhaust. do the following. GT500's, stock resonators, 0/r Hpipe, cat delete. Got my buddies car running again last night and OMG it sounds perfect.

Yeah I will for sure listen to it first with just the flowmaters and no cats. If I really really want more I can just remove the resonators and call it a day.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Yeah I will for sure listen to it first with just the flowmaters and no cats. If I really really want more I can just remove the resonators and call it a day.

i have the american thunder axleback and no resonators, and i love the sound! its not over the top, not a whole of drone but it sounds good when you open it up. eventually, I may put a after cat h-pipe in but i will be keeping the stock cats.

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
Idk what ppl here are saying that it sounds terrible!!! U guys r nuts! Muffler deletes with stock h with cats sounds great!! A little raspy but sounds really good I ran my car that way fora while. I got an Off road xpipe and With no cats I couldn't even drive the car from how loud and obnoxious it was. So I got kooks axelbacks! If your gonna get flowmasters get the hush powers they sound awesome with the cats deleted! But for everyone that hasn't heard it in person muffler deletes on stock h with cats sounds really good better than flow masters alone at least IMHO!!!!

chao5.0

Established Member
i heard a 5.0 with flowmasters saturday pulling into coffee and cars and i scratched those off my list of possible mufflers for my car, to me it sounded horrible.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
i heard a 5.0 with flowmasters saturday pulling into coffee and cars and i scratched those off my list of possible mufflers for my car, to me it sounded horrible.

IMO the hust powers do, my friend has them for racing but as soon as he is done he pulls them off and puts his stokers back on. They have a lot of rasp and pop and crackle a lot. Sounds terrible.

Just for S&G's I might pull my stock mufflers off tonight just to see the difference, but every vid I have seen sounds terrible.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member

I was going to attend that cars and coffee, but I forgot to set my alarm. Which flowmaster did you hear? I will admit, the outlaws and hush powers don't sound that great at all. If your interested in how the American thunder sounds, I'd be more than happy to meet up with ya

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
I have the pypes on my 13 and they are obnoxious loud. No other exhaust mods, changing them soon to an extra set of GT500's I have. Cant hear on my sync when on the phone

5lho

Established Member
yep, I was momentarily tempted but, I chickened out and went for GT500s instead. Hope they make me happier than the Cadillac stockers.

Users who are viewing this thread