Mushroom cloud over Damascus (massive bomb)

Jefe

Established Member
So what kind of bomb was that? Dont think that was homemade

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Those were secondary explosions. The Israeli's where doing air strikes on Iranian missiles, being transported through Syria, to Hezbollah factions which would have ultimately been firing them on Israel. It was a simple strategic strike on military targets which were known to be a threat to Israel. It wasn't in support of any Syrian, or rebel, causes.

5280stang

Established Member
Oil is used as an economic weapon these days. I wouldn't have a ho hum attitude about any Middle Eastern conflict. So yes it does matter to us, especially when you look at how many Americans are being pressured with rising food and gas costs. And these 'quality of life' issues are exactly the kind of things that allow invented men like Obama to take the Oval Office. And I would be very concerned with the people who create these straw men to run for POTUS.

All that being said, I am very disappointed that many Christians seem to be excited about war and these kind of Middle Eastern events that affect 7 billion people on earth. Its unfortunate that many in the Evangelical circle seem to be the ones that get excited about these kind of military conflicts. Its not cool one bit...

Thank you for posting. I get pump up watching the Bible unfolding in front of all of us(hooks in their jaws) and sad at the same time because people still have blinders on. A couple years back I gave 20 some odd examples of biblical prophecy unfolding/unfolded and some people refused refused to see the light.... granted if the History Channel had some special with the "aliens" guy showing off some guys rock doodling..... all of a sudden it becomes rock solid evidence that we're planted bacteria grown here for ufo's to prob butts.

DirtyDan10

Established Member
Thank you for posting. I get pump up watching the Bible unfolding in front of all of us(hooks in their jaws) and sad at the same time because people still have blinders on. A couple years back I gave 20 some odd examples of biblical prophecy unfolding/unfolded and some people refused refused to see the light.... granted if the History Channel had some special with the "aliens" guy showing off some guys rock doodling..... all of a sudden it becomes rock solid evidence that we're planted bacteria grown here for ufo's to prob butts.
ancient aliens is full of shit, agreed with your post , they never refer to Assyrians as Assyrians only sumerians to throw people off , thats like saying new yorkers ARENT american even though new york is an american state , history channel is ALL bull shit

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
ancient aliens is full of shit, agreed with your post , they never refer to Assyrians as Assyrians only sumerians to throw people off , thats like saying new yorkers ARENT american even though new york is an american state , history channel is ALL bull shit

I am a believer of ancient alien theory. To an extent, the truth is out there.

Sent from my office in the Bureau

BV600

Established Member
"since the 60s"

What?

not big on world history apparently?

More like since the 7th century.......BC!

LOL I was just making a modern day reference and they were assyrians or something like that back then, and A roman province during 7 BC?

Maybe Im wrong?:beer:

Last edited:

brainpa

Established Member
A nuclear mushroom cloud over a major city presents a silver lining to 7.62x51, and other fundamentalist Christians, because it would foretell the most important event since the crucifixion of Jesus Christ—his return.

There is a saying I recall somewhere about keeping your mouth (or keyboard) shut and ignorance....

:bash:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
wurd2 said:
A nuclear mushroom cloud over a major city presents a silver lining to 7.62x51, and other fundamentalist Christians, because it would foretell the most important event since the crucifixion of Jesus Christ—his return.

brainpa said:
There is a saying I recall somewhere about keeping your mouth (or keyboard) shut and ignorance...

I'm not sure what planet you live on, but here on earth we have millions of Christians looking forward to nuclear mushroom clouds over major cities. If building a global, long-term civilization is of any importance, this is probably something we should talk about.

As for telling me to shut up, I refuse. I think organized religion is the primary source of hatred in the world. It should be treated with open contempt and ridicule, and I claim that right.

If you don't like what I have to say, or can't handle truthful statements, simply add me to your ignore list. You're probably good at that sort of thing.

By the way, popular sayings are generally composed of proper grammar. You might try it sometime.

DirtyDan10

Established Member
I'm not sure what planet you live on, but here on earth we have millions of Christians looking forward to nuclear mushroom clouds over major cities. If building a global, long-term civilization is of any importance, this is probably something we should talk about.

As for telling me to shut up, I refuse. I think organized religion is the primary source of hatred in the world. It should be treated with open contempt and ridicule, and I claim that right.

If you don't like what I have to say, or can't handle truthful statements, simply add me to your ignore list. You're probably good at that sort of thing.

By the way, popular sayings are generally composed of proper grammar. You might try it sometime.

crazy backwoods americans are NOT christians .....you only want mushroom clouds

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
I wish I gained a cent every time a religious person denounced his or her own brethren for not doing it right.

Let's stop pretending that a Christian is a Christian, a Muslim is a Muslim, a Jew is a Jew, a Hindu is a Hindu, ad infinitum.

DirtyDan10

Established Member
I wish I gained a cent every time a religious person denounced his or her own brethren for not doing it right.

Let's stop pretending that a Christian is a Christian, a Muslim is a Muslim, a Jew is a Jew, a Hindu is a Hindu, ad infinitum.

dont you "people" know everything.....

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
I'm not sure what planet you live on, but here on earth we have millions of Christians looking forward to nuclear mushroom clouds over major cities.

That is an extremely false statement. As a believer of Jesus of Nazareth, I do not wish the death or destruction of any city in this world. Although there are individuals out there that are waiting patiently for the proposed acts of Revelation to carry out in this world, I simply choose to love one another and wish nothing but prosperity for everyone. I don't sit around wishing for H-bombs to go off anywhere in this planet. You are under the assumption that Christians believe that World War III must take place in order for the prophesied return of Jesus to take place.

Black-Venom

03 Venomus
Established Member

I would like to hear these 20 exmples.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
wurd2 said:
I'm not sure what planet you live on, but here on earth we have millions of Christians looking forward to nuclear mushroom clouds over major cities.

SCBQQSTN said:
That is an extremely false statement.

When Sam Harris wrote Letter to a Christian Nation in 2006, there was a Gallup poll that showed 44% of Americans believed that Jesus Christ would return sometime within the next fifty years. The most common interpretation of biblical prophecy was that Jesus would return only after things have gone horribly awry here on earth. It is therefore not an exaggeration to suggest that many Christians would see a silver lining in a nuclear mushroom cloud over New York City, for example. It should be blindingly obvious to us that these beliefs will not help us create a durable future—socially, economically, environmentally, or geopolitically.

:read:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
DirtyDan10 said:
dont you "people" know everything...

No.

Unlike those who subscribe to superstitious and supernatural explanations for lack of natural explanations, I am content with simply not knowing, in the sense that I refuse to assume the answers before asking the questions. I also celebrate what we can and do know scientifically via experimental observation. The universe is deeply elegant and mysterious. There's no need to lie to ourselves about it and fabricate false realities for the sake consolation and comfort.

When was the last time a theologian, with respect to understanding an aspect of reality, said "I don't know"?

Have theologians discovered anything lately?

In the pursuit of unfettered investigation, we discover stuff every day:

Science Daily: News & Articles in Science, Health, Environment & Technology

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
When Sam Harris wrote Letter to a Christian Nation in 2006, there was a Gallup poll that showed 44% of Americans believed that Jesus Christ would return sometime within the next fifty years. The most common interpretation of biblical prophecy was that Jesus would return only after things have gone horribly awry here on earth. It is therefore not an exaggeration to suggest that many Christians would see a silver lining in a nuclear mushroom cloud over New York City, for example. It should be blindingly obvious to us that these beliefs will not help us create a durable future—socially, economically, environmentally, or geopolitically.

:read:

Oh, he's returning for a lot of people, alright. If people keep killing each other over bullshit, they'll all be meeting their makers, prematurely.:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread