Mustang Newb

03svtzak

Established Member
i just sold my gsx eclipse for my Cobra. Best thing i ever did. Dam eclipse was always on jacks every weekend. Plus i got tired of my cousin always saying Dam Slow motors.(DSM) lol. :)

dodgeshadowchik

Established Member
LOL! Yea, the Ford is proving to be an infinantly better car. So it may be slower, but what does speed have to do with anything when it's broken 95.4% of the time. :) Your GSX was a nice looking car, tho.

I still have dsm(s)... it's now just a project/winter car(s). I'm *crossing fingers* that it will hold up through the winter to save the mustang from the snow.

This is the talon aka "turdmobile" or "snow white"
talon_may2010.jpg

Actually, it's going to turn into this car... This poor car was riced out really bad mod wise, so it's been stripped to serve as the chasis donor for the white one, which doesn't much much strut tower left.
talon_may2010_1.jpg

And this was the Spyder that I sold which funded most of the Mustang
spyder_2_sm.jpg

Stupid dsms. I swear they multiply. Rather you like it or not, you end up with multiples.. ha...

Last edited:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
The Mustang won't do too bad in the winter if you end up having to drive it. I have dd'd mine for 6 years through Montana winters.

dodgeshadowchik

Established Member
dang! and i know you guys get more snow that here! The only problem here is they use salt... :( That's what I'm trying to save it from.

It shouldn't take too much to get that blue car going. I'm going to run it on a very conservative tune (it has "dsmlink", which allows you to tune it like a standalone system, but using the stock electronics), say maybe 16-18psi, and hopefully that help keep it a bit more reliable.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
dang! and i know you guys get more snow that here! The only problem here is they use salt... :( That's what I'm trying to save it from.

It shouldn't take too much to get that blue car going. I'm going to run it on a very conservative tune (it has "dsmlink", which allows you to tune it like a standalone system, but using the stock electronics), say maybe 16-18psi, and hopefully that help keep it a bit more reliable.

Ah, yeah salt is bad stuff. They use sand here which isn't as bad.

Hope you can get that dsm runnin' good before winter. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread