Mustangs Unlimited // Car Show (with a trip????)

DirtaySr

Private Sector Sucker
Established Member
Thinking about heading down to the Mustangs Unlimited Show in CT. Can anyone kindly advise with feedback on this event .... Good, bad or indifferent ???

Just curious if this is worth an hour and a half drive from RI.

Many thanks!!!

:idea:

chuckstang

Established Member
i went one year, not bad and right next to a hooters i believe.

But I think this year I'll be going to nantasket beach car show on that day instead

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
A few of us went with our Lightnings last year, they apologized that they did not have a truck category so we were lumped in with the cobra replicas... go figure that one out. I still managed a 2nd place, but a truck competing against a cobra?

Probably 150 vehicles, decent hot dogs and burgers, reasonably well run smallish event. Not much variety like the local Pioneer Valley GTO club where you'll see everything and anything not just GTO's. This is pretty much a Ford event and they have the store open so you can go in and buy some cool stuff as it is a pretty neat store with fenders, spoilers, headers, and all sorts of wheels and stuff all over the place.

Don't know whats on my agenda Sunday but its close enough that if the weather's nice I might go. I have to say the people running the show were extremely nice.

Mike

DirtaySr

Private Sector Sucker
Established Member
A few of us went with our Lightnings last year, they apologized that they did not have a truck category so we were lumped in with the cobra replicas... go figure that one out. I still managed a 2nd place, but a truck competing against a cobra?

Probably 150 vehicles, decent hot dogs and burgers, reasonably well run smallish event. Not much variety like the local Pioneer Valley GTO club where you'll see everything and anything not just GTO's. This is pretty much a Ford event and they have the store open so you can go in and buy some cool stuff as it is a pretty neat store with fenders, spoilers, headers, and all sorts of wheels and stuff all over the place.

Don't know whats on my agenda Sunday but its close enough that if the weather's nice I might go. I have to say the people running the show were extremely nice.

Mike

Thanks Mike! Based on your feedback sounds like it is worth it then. I guess it makes sense to go. Perhaps I'll see you there.

Bryan

SVTmystic290

Established Member
I will prob be attending this event, either this or nantasket beach. If I do end up going to the MU show maybe we can cruise down together or get a few more and show up with a group? I am very close to RI so maybe we can come up with a good meeting spot. Let me know what you think

DirtaySr

Private Sector Sucker
Established Member
I will prob be attending this event, either this or nantasket beach. If I do end up going to the MU show maybe we can cruise down together or get a few more and show up with a group? I am very close to RI so maybe we can come up with a good meeting spot. Let me know what you think

Sounds good, PM me with your mobile, I'll shoot you a text when I get things figured out logistics wise.

DirtaySr

Private Sector Sucker
Established Member
I went years ago and advise to get there early because their small parking area fills up quickly.

No issue here. I have a two year old at home, my day starts at 6am the latest!!!!

You coming with us???

SVTmystic290

Established Member
Hopefully we can all find a good spot to meet early and cruise down there and take up a section of parking lot! If anyone else wants to form some type of group/meeting spot PM me and we can try to figure something out

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Anyone heading from the western side of Connecticut ?
I'm coming from the Torrington/ Waterbury area.

PM me and I'll exchange numbers

f2hatch

Established Member
Hopefully we can all find a good spot to meet early and cruise down there and take up a section of parking lot! If anyone else wants to form some type of group/meeting spot PM me and we can try to figure something out

You wont be taking up one whole section. After you pay the registration fee The cobras, GT's, Mach's, foxes. Will all be directed to their correct section of the show lot.

f2hatch

Established Member
What the address of the Nantasket event? Trying to see how far of a drive that is for me. If it is to far I'll go to Mustangs Unlimited I was planning on it anyway.

DirtaySr

Private Sector Sucker
Established Member
Ok. Just pulled up the driving directions. Looks like anyone from RI will break into the CT line via 117 to CT 14.

I have to be honest. I have no idea what is around there! If anyone has something to suggest, I am all ears.

Anyone coming down from MA, I'll have a better look tomorrow and suggest a meet point.

Stay tuned!

:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread