My 03 DSG Mach 1 MINOR MODS *COMING SOON*

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
You know, I actually work at a dealership myself, and I was able to get them cheaper at Discount Tire for the rears. I went on eBay and found an ad with the cheapest price, took it to them, they matched the price and gave me free mount and balance. Should check it out! :beer:

Nice man! & I looked around pretty good not many deals on Michelin lol and nitto I maybe could have got a better deal if I shopped around and the front and rears were like $0.60 a piece apart lol how much you pay for the 305s? Pm me if you want

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Looks great! I've debated switching to an mgw but I'm currently running a tri ax with a hurst stick and ball. I like the throwback look.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Nice ride like the plans you got for it if you dont mind me asking where did you find the powered by ford coil covers?

mr-proper

Established Member
nice car :beer:
iam still rocking the stock shifter, no need for a short throw shifter if its street/show car.
get some louvers and cams;-):rockon::beer:
i also did a full paint correction on mine, yea now iam OCD:cuss: washing 2bucket method,never quick detail and yea i got a BLACK one.lol pain to keep scratch free, but sure looks damn good when swirl free:rockon:

here is my black mach 1

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Nice ride like the plans you got for it if you dont mind me asking where did you find the powered by ford coil covers?

New from Ford ;) pm me for details

nice car :beer:
iam still rocking the stock shifter, no need for a short throw shifter if its street/show car.
get some louvers and cams;-):rockon::beer:
i also did a full paint correction on mine, yea now iam OCD:cuss: washing 2bucket method,never quick detail and yea i got a BLACK one.lol pain to keep scratch free, but sure looks damn good when swirl free:rockon:

here is my black mach 1

Looks good man I wanted a black one! & can't wait to paint correct mine in the spring that is one thing I love doing is detailing/paint correcting them.

Yeah that stock shifter is staying for now and yes it will be just a street/show car won't ever see a drag strip or get raced that isn't my style. I might get on it out on the highway now but don't all out racing lol gotta have some fun though :)

Evil_Capri

Nice ride! And you're right around the corner from me in OH.

Vogtlands are a nice option as well, if it is determined your can't drop extremely low . . .

My Mach . .

100_1485.jpg

leprun5small.jpg

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Nice ride! And you're right around the corner from me in OH.

Vogtlands are a nice option as well, if it is determined your can't drop extremely low . . .

My Mach . .

100_1485.jpg

leprun5small.jpg

Thanks man not a bad comp orange you got there. I really don't think there is a bad color on machs! & I've heard about those springs I may have to look into them and where you live??

Evil_Capri

Thanks . . . I live in on the East Side of Cincinnati.

And here are my chassis and suspension mods. I will also be ordering the Bilsteins this Spring.

Maximum Motorsports
-Adj. LCA
-K-Member Brace
-CC Plates

PAE
-Full Length Sub-Frame Connectors

Steeda
-2-Point Strut Tower Brace
-Welded Rear Shock Tower Brace
-Steeda Adjustable Rear Swaybar
-Steeda Front Swaybar
-Steeda Heavy Duty Front Swaybar Endlinks

Vogtland Springs

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Thanks . . . I live in on the East Side of Cincinnati.

And here are my chassis and suspension mods. I will also be ordering the Bilsteins this Spring.

Maximum Motorsports
-Adj. LCA
-K-Member Brace
-CC Plates

PAE
-Full Length Sub-Frame Connectors

Steeda
-2-Point Strut Tower Brace
-Welded Rear Shock Tower Brace
-Steeda Adjustable Rear Swaybar
-Steeda Front Swaybar
-Steeda Heavy Duty Front Swaybar Endlinks

Vogtland Springs
ahhh ok cool man. you ever go to the car shows in milford at the krogers? that is usually where we go with some friends on friday night.

And very nice suspension set up. i thought about putting some sway bars on it. we will see i dont want to do too much to it since it is such a low mileage car but i might. And you will love bilsteins man cant wait to get mine on mach. Let me know when you buy bilsteins and for how much i work at car dealer and got mine at a good deal and might be able to do the same for ya.

Evil_Capri

Will do and thanks! My Mach has ~32K miles.

I sometimes hang out on Sunday's at the Milford Q-Steak, Cars & Coffee on Saturday mornings, and have hung out with some folks on stangtbangerz.com in the past as well. Try to do 1-2 road rallies a season, and used to race the Mach in UMTR at Edgewater in the past. My buddy and I usually just got out for drives on the weekends on the back roads.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Will do and thanks! My Mach has ~32K miles.

I sometimes hang out on Sunday's at the Milford Q-Steak, Cars & Coffee on Saturday mornings, and have hung out with some folks on stangtbangerz.com in the past as well. Try to do 1-2 road rallies a season, and used to race the Mach in UMTR at Edgewater in the past. My buddy and I usually just got out for drives on the weekends on the back roads.
No problem! and 32k miles is nothing either!

And I see. you should come over to milford krogers on friday night. Nice nights is usually a good 200+ cars of everything from old rat rods and classics to new/newer vipers, vettes, shelbys etc good mix of stuff. lambos and ferraris show up on occasion too.

And if you guys ever cruise north side of town or up this way let me know i will pull mach out if its a nice day!

0Mach3

Established Member
Nice man! & I looked around pretty good not many deals on Michelin lol and nitto I maybe could have got a better deal if I shopped around and the front and rears were like $0.60 a piece apart lol how much you pay for the 305s? Pm me if you want
I got the 305's for $582 with free mount and balance. Cheapest I found anywhere.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I got the 305's for $582 with free mount and balance. Cheapest I found anywhere.
thats not bad at all. nitto nt555r right? and to get my hands on those they are like close to $300 a piece. my 265 and 295s were cheaper though think worst case is $275 a tire for mine. might be able to talk them down when they get them in lol plus mount and balance of course but i know a tire company in town that has always done my stuff and will get a decent price there so we are talking close to same money

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
MGW shifters are too damn notchy and that's why the serious racers don't use them. They opt for the pro 5.0, steeda, hurst or basically any other brand.

Users who are viewing this thread