My 03 DSG Mach 1 MINOR MODS *COMING SOON*

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Another +1 here for the Pro 5.0, have one in my 2v and I love it! I've talked to quite a few people who've had the MGW and switched to the Pro 5.0 and was glad they did.

Car is looking good guy, I'm ready to see it lowered!

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Another +1 here for the Pro 5.0, have one in my 2v and I love it! I've talked to quite a few people who've had the MGW and switched to the Pro 5.0 and was glad they did.

Car is looking good guy, I'm ready to see it lowered!

Oh boy another shifter option lol why you guys have to do this to me? I'm happy with stock shifter for now.

And thanks man I'm dying to get this thing lowered still debating on springs although I'm leaning toward h&r ss

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
H&R SS's FTW! And you say you're fine with the stock shifter until you drive one with a Pro 5.0... Seriously, just order it now lol. It is a night and day difference

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
H&R SS's FTW! And you say you're fine with the stock shifter until you drive one with a Pro 5.0... Seriously, just order it now lol. It is a night and day difference

You have h&r??? & lol at shifter comment. I've heard good things about all kinds of shifters I want to try them before I buy lol

TWayne

Established Member
You have h&r??? & lol at shifter comment. I've heard good things about all kinds of shifters I want to try them before I buy lol
Luke...just put a Steeda Tri-Ax in the Cobra and like it ALOT. Stop by and check it out if you're in the neighborhood!

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Luke...just put a Steeda Tri-Ax in the Cobra and like it ALOT. Stop by and check it out if you're in the neighborhood!

Is it that much better then stock mach shifter? Also I don't know yet but hopefully we will get an invite back to the Masters again this year but looks doubtful but if we go I'll definitely stop by and check it out!

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
Is it that much better then stock mach shifter? Also I don't know yet but hopefully we will get an invite back to the Masters again this year but looks doubtful but if we go I'll definitely stop by and check it out!

I second the Tri-Ax. Anything is better than the crap ass factory ford shifters.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I second the Tri-Ax. Anything is better than the crap ass factory ford shifters.
great another shifter recommendation. I have heard great things about them and mgw shifters. don't think I need a shifter at this point but $200 isn't bad for one. I may have to consider it now

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
great another shifter recommendation. I have heard great things about them and mgw shifters. don't think I need a shifter at this point but $200 isn't bad for one. I may have to consider it now

Any of them would be an improvement over stock. When I had my GT, i got a Tri-Ax and liked it. I have heard good things about the MGW as well but went with the Tri-Ax again for the Mach. Either way, you can't go wrong.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Any of them would be an improvement over stock. When I had my GT, i got a Tri-Ax and liked it. I have heard good things about the MGW as well but went with the Tri-Ax again for the Mach. Either way, you can't go wrong.
Ok guess I will have to do some research on both. I can keep factory boot and shift ball etc with either right??

TWayne

Established Member
I never thought the stock was that bad in the Mach...but it could be better. I like the Steeda in the Cobra alot better than the stock. It being the T56 6 speed trans it is a big improvement I believe.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I never thought the stock was that bad in the Mach...but it could be better. I like the Steeda in the Cobra alot better than the stock. It being the T56 6 speed trans it is a big improvement I believe.
yeah I don't think mach is bad and yeah im sure the cobra with the 6 spd would be a big improvement. I will probably drive the mach with stock shifter and see what I think once I get all the parts on it

TWayne

Established Member
yeah I don't think mach is bad and yeah im sure the cobra with the 6 spd would be a big improvement. I will probably drive the mach with stock shifter and see what I think once I get all the parts on it

Good call...most of this stuff is personal preference so do what YOU want/like. Enjoy the journey...

Users who are viewing this thread