My 03 lowerd today pictures

speedster356

Established Member
if you can afford a 35k $$$ cobra just buy the springs....good god. either you can afford it, and wish to not buy them, or you cant afford the car. either way, the car still looks o.k....

S13

Established Member
i bet if a "Z" put a supercharger on , your tag might wanna change
you only eat Z's cuz they have no forced induction
even the odds and tell me you eat them infact show me video of a cobra and a Z with the same mod's

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
S13 said:
even the odds and tell me you eat them infact show me video of a cobra and a Z with the same mod's

dude who cares. i got my plates for fun not to pick on anyone.
BTW my car dyno 445 rwhp 460 torq, and on the bottle 546 rwhp 756 torq
I dont get beat by Zs that much.

98Vobra

Established Member
speedster356 said:
if you can afford a 35k $$$ cobra just buy the springs....good god. either you can afford it, and wish to not buy them, or you cant afford the car. either way, the car still looks o.k....

:lol: Have you ridden in a 03 with cut springs? I am guessing not because if you have then you would change your mind! 03's with cut springs ride like stock, and actually get stiffer around turns. Get your head out of your ass before you say stuff like that. :beer:

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
speedster356 said:

Why not to try something new, it rides just fine and it looks good.
Why should i spend 300 on the springs,they are the same thing anyway,cobra comes lowerd from ford and cuting one coil didnt hurt nothing.

98Vobra

Established Member
S13 said:

:lol: I bet with those #'s that plate is correct 90% of the time! :bowdown: :bowdown: :beer:

cammer00gt

Established Member
i have steeda sport springs and my shit still is to high u think if i cut the coils it would be to low?? What springs will lower the car the most?

ssiptang

Atlian
Established Member
S13 said:

whatt.gif

:poke:

cobraracer46

Banned
speedster356 said:
Most Cobra owners can't afford the cars they drive because they are making payments on them! :lol:
Nice job on the springs BTW. Hats off to you for moding your car with out Diggiging a deeper money pit hole for your self. :beer:

freight hauler

Keep It Simple Stupid
Established Member
cammer00gt said:
i have steeda sport springs and my shit still is to high u think if i cut the coils it would be to low?? What springs will lower the car the most?

I've been cutting coils for years, on virtually all my rides. Never had any problems with the exception of cutting too much. One thing I learned is not to cut a progressive rate spring. Not sure if the steeds's are progressive or not. A linear rate spring will be fine to cut, after all it was cut at the manufacturer (supplier) to its original length per ford specs. Good luck.

P.S. You "can" use a torch (cut at a high temp) to cut the springs. You get in trouble using a torch on progressive rate springs. I do not suggest ever cutting a progressive rate by any means. There is too much guess work involved and then there is a good chance the spring will fade and lose its spring.

Last edited:

freight hauler

Keep It Simple Stupid
Established Member
IM000154.jpg
[/IMG]
IM000153.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats perfect, providing there is no fender rub. Any suggestions, like maybe "one inch less than a full coil" or maybe "one inch more than a full coil"

Thanks any help appreciated :thumbsup:

S13

Established Member
z-eater said:
dude who cares. i got my plates for fun not to pick on anyone.
BTW my car dyno 445 rwhp 460 torq, and on the bottle 546 rwhp 756 torq
I dont get beat by Zs that much.
im just sayin i dont like it when people have plates in that state something like
V8killR or youlose you know what i mean specially when they cant back it up
but then again, put the same mods on a Z and both of you run just 2 see what happens :shrug:

HIErPwRd

Established Member
best stance ive seen yet...
thinking of cutting maybe a coil and a half out of my 99 springs, getting a set of 03 shocks/struts....

wondering if you kept the isolators, also have always wondered how huch lower the street comps sit vs. stock exhaust...

beautiful car man...

pottsy

Established Member
S13 said:
im just sayin i dont like it when people have plates in that state something like
V8killR or youlose you know what i mean specially when they cant back it up
but then again, put the same mods on a Z and both of you run just 2 see what happens :shrug:

Why do morons like this even bother posting?

Users who are viewing this thread